2023 - Total Control Mock Draft MEDIA Outlets

Ghostnote

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Or possibly the team that just won the division and has an emerging franchise QB.

Yeah.  It's the Jags, probably, or the Titans.  It hasn't been the Colts for a long time, and they're in full on rebuild.  Titans are only in sort of rebuild.

General Manager Interview Questions

If you'd like please answer the following questions.

Quote this post and reply to the questions.

1. Team Name?
  2. Are you a fan favorite of the team you are managing?
  3. How many years have you been participating in this mock draft?
    1. If this is your first year, what do you think of it?
  4. Are you operating the team solo, with a coGM or as a community in your respected team forum?
    1. How's it working out?
  5. What are your interests outside of football?
  6. Which transaction did you make that you were most excited about for your team?
  7. If you traded or released any fan favorite or big name talent, who and what was the reasoning behind it?
  8. In your opinion, what was the best transaction your team made this offseason?
  9. In your opinion, who was "the one player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?
  10. What were your offseason team goals heading into this mock draft?  Were you able to achieve those goals?  
  11. Which transaction are you been most proud of?
  12. What positions in this years draft do you feel is deep with talent?
  13. Which is it?....Black Silk, Blonde, Brunette or the cherished Redhead.
  14. Which team do you feel is killing it so far in this mock?
  15. Which team do you think has improved the most and why?
  16. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
  17. Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at bargain prices.  In your opinion, what was the best value move in FA?
  18. Which player are you most disappointed in not being able to sign or resign?
  19. What team do you think has had the worst offseason?  Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, lack of activity?
  20. Do you feel that the number of players being signed in FA is adequate?  If not, more or less.
  21. Any suggestion on what you think would enhance how the free agency is structured in this mock?
  22. With the exception of player APY values this year, as I'll have that corrected for the next mock, what would you change about this mock draft that you believe would make it a better experience?
  23. Would you be interested in participating again next season?
  24. How am I doing managing this years mock draft?
  25. Any interest in joining a "keeper league" mock draft that uses a stat based simulation to project the season standings?
    1. Also, looking for help in managing this project, if interested please message me.

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02
Dallas Cowboys - @JetsandI
Denver Broncos - 
@BowserBroncos 
Detroit Lions - @winitall
Green Bay Packers - 
@Ghostnote
Houston Texans - @jch1911
Indianapolis Colts - @RTTRUTH
Jacksonville Jaguars - @Trojan
Kansas City Chiefs - @RedGold
Las Vegas Raiders - @NYRaider & @Humble_Beast
Los Angeles Chargers - @whodatOL
Los Angeles Rams - @Freebirdsrams
Miami Dolphins - @mountainpd
Minnesota Vikings - @KingOfNewYork
New England Patriots - @Deadpulse
New Orleans Saints - @whodatOL
New York Giants - @YogiBiz
New York Jets - @bcb1213
Philadelphia Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Pittsburgh Steelers - @Cbrunn
San Francisco 49ers - @Forge
Seattle Seahawks - @DTMW78
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @BucsDraftGeek47
Tennessee Titans - @Daniel & @SerenityNow
Washington Commanders - @MKnight82

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Team Name? Tennessee Titans
Are you a fan favorite of the team you are managing?  Yes.
How many years have you been participating in this mock draft?  I think three.
Are you operating the team solo, with a coGM or as a community in your respected team forum?  @SerenityNow is co-GM for I think the third year in a row.
How's it working out?  Well.
What are your interests outside of football?  Books and food.
Which transaction did you make that you were most excited about for your team?  Connor McGovern.  Great center, ought to help strengthen the OL which was a big issue for Tennessee, and can't be fixed in the draft alone.
If you traded or released any fan favorite or big name talent, who and what was the reasoning behind it?  Released Taylor Lewan, who I wished we could have restructured, but with limited restructure options, and with so little dead money, it had to be done.
In your opinion, what was the best transaction your team made this offseason?  Extending Jeffery Simmons.  Unnecessary to do in something like this, but it's something the franchise needs to do, since he's a cornerstone of the defense.
In your opinion, who was "the one player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?  Mecole Hardman.  Didn't realize I had put such a short number of years on his contract.  Titans need receiving help, but I'm happy with raising the floor in the WR room like we have.
What were your offseason team goals heading into this mock draft?  Were you able to achieve those goals?  1. Get under the cap.  2. Band-aid as many gaps as possible.  3. As much assistance as affordable at WR and OL.  I think we've done pretty well, still needs for the draft, obviously, but we've stopped the bleeding.
Which transaction are you been most proud of? Being able to hold onto Teair Tart.  He's an ascending talent, and the third best DL the Titans have.
What positions in this years draft do you feel is deep with talent? RB and OL are particularly deep, especially the center class.  CB is stacked to the gills.
Which is it?....Black Silk, Blonde, Brunette or the cherished Redhead.  

Which team do you feel is killing it so far in this mock?  No obvious frontrunners yet.  I'll have opinions after the draft.
Which team do you think has improved the most and why?  Same as above.
If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?  Reading minds.
Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at bargain prices.  In your opinion, what was the best value move in FA?  One more like above.
Which player are you most disappointed in not being able to sign or resign?  David Long.  Thought overbidding his APY by triple was enough to hold on, but other teams wised up to his value.
What team do you think has had the worst offseason?  Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, lack of activity?  Again, can't answer yet.
Do you feel that the number of players being signed in FA is adequate?  If not, more or less.  I think everyone is making the moves they think are best.  Numbers are a little low with the APY calculation being fluky with DLs, but that will fix itself in a round or two.
Any suggestion on what you think would enhance how the free agency is structured in this mock?  Nothing that wouldn't be way more work than it's worth.
With the exception of player APY values this year, as I'll have that corrected for the next mock, what would you change about this mock draft that you believe would make it a better experience?  In a perfect world, you'd have more participation by fans of their own teams, and less min-maxing, but participation is tough to come by, and it's not fair to exclude posters who are fans of teams already taken.
Would you be interested in participating again next season?  Of course.
How am I doing managing this years mock draft?  Great work.  No notes.
Any interest in joining a "keeper league" mock draft that uses a stat based simulation to project the season standings?  Probably not.
Also, looking for help in managing this project, if interested please message me.  Always available to bounce things off of, but I likely have no useful skills in something like this that's so Excel heavy.

9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

1. Team Name?
  3. How many years have you been participating in this mock draft?
    1. If this is your first year, what do you think of it?
  4. Are you operating the team solo, with a coGM or as a community in your respected team forum?
    1. How's it working out?
  6. Which transaction did you make that you were most excited about for your team?
  7. If you traded or released any fan favorite or big name talent, who and what was the reasoning behind it?
  8. In your opinion, what was the best transaction your team made this offseason?
  9. In your opinion, who was "the one player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?
  10. What were your offseason team goals heading into this mock draft?  Were you able to achieve those goals?  
  13. Which is it?....Black Silk, Blonde, Brunette or the cherished Redhead.
  17. Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at bargain prices.  In your opinion, what was the best value move in FA?
  19. What team do you think has had the worst offseason?  Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, lack of activity?
  20. Do you feel that the number of players being signed in FA is adequate?  If not, more or less.
  21. Any suggestion on what you think would enhance how the free agency is structured in this mock?
  22. With the exception of player APY values this year, as I'll have that corrected for the next mock, what would you change about this mock draft that you believe would make it a better experience?
  23. Would you be interested in participating again next season?
  25. Any interest in joining a "keeper league" mock draft that uses a stat based simulation to project the season standings?
    1. Also, looking for help in managing this project, if interested please message me.

1.  Bills

2. No - Eagles

3.  First year, and this is awesome.

4.  Co GM, working perfectly.

5.  Sports, sports and more sports.  Autograph and memorabilia collecting.

6.  Signing LVE to replace Edmunds who I could not afford.

7.  Ed Oliver - needed cap space.  If I wasn't scrambling after joining late, would have tried to get more trade value.

8.  Signing replacements for LB/S I could not afford.

9.  None.

10.  Learn about the TCMD, and I feel I have.

11.  Kareem Hunt signing

12.  CB/RB

13.  Redhead

14.  Texans @jch1911

15.  Texans, addressed a ton of needs and still have 10 draft picks, including 2 and 12

16.  X Ray vision 

17.  Kenny Golladay if we can rediscover that guy who played for the Lions.

18.  None

19.  Dallas Cowboys, because, they suck.

20.  Adequate.

21.  Values of some players are way to high.

22.  Use the reserve bid sheet for signing a player if you are outbid for your primary.

23.  Yes sir.

24.  Outstanding.

25.  I can help leading up next year, but want to be a participant only once it starts.

Edited by downundermike
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

1. Team Name?
    Atlanta Falcons
    Nope fan of the team that plays in Washington that keeps changing it name
  3. How many years have you been participating in this mock draft? 1st year
    1. If this is your first year, what do you think of it? I'm enjoying it was a little overwhelming at first but once you get into it,it's pretty easy to understand.
  4. Are you operating the team solo, with a coGM or as a community in your respected team forum? Solo
    1. How's it working out? Great get to trust my gut on moves and not overthink it talking to others.
    Video Games,Fishing,Other Sports.
    Signing Jessie Bates.
    No fan favorites biigset cut was Marcus Maroita who had falling out with coach and making to much as the back up to Ridder.
  8. In your opinion, what was the best transaction your team made this off season?
    Prob being patient and not overspending outside of Bates,but in terms of one move I really like getting Tyrod as the backup/mentor to Ridder with similar styles and most QB have played great with Tyrod as their backup in recent years for Example Daniel Jones,Justin Herbert,and Josh Allen. 
     If I had to say one at the moment it would be Mecole Hardman as I think he'd be a good slot/motion guy to work in between London and Corey Davis
    Get a WR,Improve O-line,Improve Dline,Get a Defensive leader.I'm 2.5 out 4 right now but still have cap to help the rest.
    Don't really have one at moment but prob getting Dantzler or Cunningham for 5 Mil or less rentals and boom or bust guys.
    HB WR TE C Edge CB
  13. Which is it?....Black Silk, Blonde, Brunette or the cherished Redhead. I'm not picky.
    Texans,Bears,Lions
    I'd go with the Bears adding Pittman,Chark,and Engram on offense with some of the O_lineman they got Combined with Adding Hargrave,Key,Morrow,and Darnell Savage they have improved both sides of the  ball.My one concern for them is with Texans Signing Jimmy G they might not have Anderson or Carter on the board at 4.
    Transformation.
    Jets signing Odell Beckham at 5 mil if healthy.
    Don't have one yet.
  19. What team do you think has had the worst offseason?  Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, lack of activity.
    Have the Cowboys done anything,can't miss the chance to bash the Cowboys as a Washington fan.
    Seems fine to me.
    No I think once APY is better everything seems fine.
    The users,including me, should most likely post more about Big Signings in the Media section as honestly I had to go look up some info on what other teams did to answer some questions on here.
  23. Would you be interested in participating again next season? 100%
    I'd give you a A only real problem was the APY issue and that isn't on you as you asked for help and we had the workbook before FA started and could have been caught before round one.
  25. Any interest in joining a "keeper league" mock draft that uses a stat based simulation to project the season standings? I'd Try it.
    1. Also, looking for help in managing this project, if interested please message me. Don't know how much help I'd be with lack of worksheet knowledge but could try to pitch in.

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:
  • Team Name?
    • New York Giants (formally)
  • Are you a fan favorite of the team you are managing?
    • Since LT roamed the field.
  • How many years have you been participating in this mock draft?
    • I want to say my first mock in this forum was in 2015, but I ran a similar version of this in a different forum called about.com.  It was a popular site back in 2001.  
  • Are you operating the team solo, with a coGM or as a community in your respected team forum?
    1. How's it working out?
      1. Was operating the team with a coGM.  Unfortunately, we weren't seeing eye to eye on the future of the team so I thought it best to step down and let him manage the team this year.  In the future, I'll most likely run it solo.
  • What are your interests outside of football?
    1. Golf, statistics, movies, wood working, leather working, sculpting.
  • Which transaction did you make that you were most excited about for your team?
    1. Tagging and extending Daniel Jones.  He really impressed me this year.
  • If you traded or released any fan favorite or big name talent, who and what was the reasoning behind it?
    1. Barkley was the only big name we had but he really wasn't released or traded, but just didn't have the funds to sign both Jones and Barkley.
  • In your opinion, what was the best transaction your team made this offseason?
    1. Kinda the same question as above but yeah Jones.
  • In your opinion, who was "the one player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?
    1. We had a few that got away from us.  Due to poor communication and neither of us being able to decide on talent.  The second round of bidding got away from us.
  • What were your offseason team goals heading into this mock draft?  Were you able to achieve those goals?  
  • Which transaction are you most proud of?
  • What positions in this years draft do you feel is deep with talent?
    1. Have not had a chance to scout yet.
  • Which is it?....Black Silk, Blonde, Brunette or the cherished Redhead.
    1. I'm a 2 looking for a 10 don't care what color her hair is as long as she has it...haha.
  • Which team do you feel is killing it so far in this mock?
    1.  I like a few of them.  Chicago and Houston are probably my favorites at this point.
  • Which team do you think has improved the most and why?
  • If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
  • Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at bargain prices.  In your opinion, what was the best value move in FA?
  • Which player are you most disappointed in not being able to sign or resign?
  • What team do you think has had the worst offseason?  Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, lack of activity?
  • Do you feel that the number of players being signed in FA is adequate?  If not, more or less.
  • Any suggestion on what you think would enhance how the free agency is structured in this mock?
  • With the exception of player APY values this year, as I'll have that corrected for the next mock, what would you change about this mock draft that you believe would make it a better experience?
  • Would you be interested in participating again next season?
  • How am I doing managing this years mock draft?
  • Any interest in joining a "keeper league" mock draft that uses a stat based simulation to project the season standings?

Will continue working on this.

• Like 1