AP Year-End Award Finalists Announced

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Comeback Player List is a Joke too.

Why is Saquon on the list in the first place having played 13 games last year?

I can understand  Geno, didn't play last year, came out of nowhere, balled out. 

CMC was injured, balled out in 2022

Why no Brandon Graham coming off a Torn Achiles misding all of 2021? Double digit sacks, TFL,  FFB, ect....? All while not even the Starter?

Saquan looked terrible last season and then bounced back to elite form. I don't see how Geno can be the comeback player of the year because "comeback" implies that someone was playing at a high level, fell off for whatever reason, and then regained form.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Purdy being a finalist is a joke! He's played 8 full games including the Playoffs,  9 technically after Sunday. 

Maybe if he was putting up video game numbers for 1/2 a season I could justify it, but that's not remotely the case.

Olave got shafted!

The finalist should've been Wilson, Olave, and Walker. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’d need to see metrics that say Woolen was better than Sauce - because Sauce was absolutely a top CB in football this season, regardless of tenure in the league. He played better than more established names such as Jalen Ramsey or Pat Surtain II, he was playing at a veteran level.

Like I said, Gardner and Woolen are on similar levels. Only two rookie CBs to make the Pro Bowl. I guess I prefer that Woolen had less targets than Sauce while tripling Gardner's INT total. Don't get me wrong, both have been super good. But Woolen was the best rookie CB imo. And yes, Woolen did start all 17 games. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Saquan looked terrible last season and then bounced back to elite form. I don't see how Geno can be the comeback player of the year because "comeback" implies that someone was playing at a high level, fell off for whatever reason, and then regained form.

Comeback doesn't have a set definition for the NFL lol, it can be literally anything. Geno came back from the depths of obscurity to be a top 10 level QB in seattle. Worthy considering his career got derailed by getting decked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Comeback doesn't have a set definition for the NFL lol, it can be literally anything. Geno came back from the depths of obscurity to be a top 10 level QB in seattle. Worthy considering his career got derailed by getting decked.

Comeback: a return by a well-known person, especially an entertainer or sports player, to the activity in which they have formerly been successful.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Comeback: a return by a well-known person, especially an entertainer or sports player, to the activity in which they have formerly been successful.

Dictionary definition and how a word is used are quite different my guy. 

Definition's define a word for one purpose when words change and evolve, comeback means whatever you want it to mean for sports etc. We use it to describe a comeback win, a massive 28-3 esque comeback, the return of an injured player, the return to form of a fallen off player (Probably Deshaun Watson 2024), Geno Smith fell off the face of the earth as an NFL starter and climbed back. Worth Celebrating.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xmad said:

Dictionary definition and how a word is used are quite different my guy. 

Definition's define a word for one purpose when words change and evolve, comeback means whatever you want it to mean for sports etc. We use it to describe a comeback win, a massive 28-3 esque comeback, the return of an injured player, the return to form of a fallen off player (Probably Deshaun Watson 2024), Geno Smith fell off the face of the earth as an NFL starter and climbed back. Worth Celebrating.

Nice comeback.

• Like 1

LOL Really? Daboll? 

Giants didn't even win their division. They won 9 games because the NFC sucked and Saquon Barkley was actually healthy. 

Daboll didn't have F*** All to do with that. 

He was maybe the 4th best option for COY. 

Pederson, Shanahan and Carroll (who wasn't even nominated) all had far better claims.

Pederson won his division with THE WORST team the last 2 years and had a historic post-season comeback. Shanahan won 5 games in a row and won a playoff game with Mr Irrelevant. And Carroll went to the playoffs with a team in the first year of a rebuild and fleeced the broncos for Russell Wilson. 

but DABOLL gets it? Give me a break. 

Voters must have been a bunch of Giants fans. there's no other explanation

Edited by Herodreamer79

3 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

LOL Really? Daboll? 

Giants didn't even win their division. They won 9 games because the NFC sucked and Saquon Barkley was actually healthy. 

Daboll didn't have F*** All to do with that. 

He was maybe the 4th best option for COY. 

Pederson, Shanahan and Carroll (who wasn't even nominated) all had far better claims.

Pederson won his division with THE WORST team the last 2 years and had a historic post-season comeback. Shanahan won 5 games in a row and won a playoff game with Mr Irrelevant. And Carroll went to the playoffs with a team in the first year of a rebuild and fleeced the broncos for Russell Wilson. 

but DABOLL gets it? Give me a break. 

Voters must have been a bunch of Giants fans. there's no other explanation

Well this is just a take to set fire to. Its fine to disagree with the outcome, but this makes it seem like Daboll is wholly undeserving. There is a reason that he won PFWA coach of the year and NFC coach of the year at the 101 awards along with being a favorite for the AP coach of the year award.