NYRaider 2023 NFL Mock Draft V2.0

NYRaider

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm just not all that high on the QB's in this class really.

Me either but it's a QB driven league and we see teams reach on guys basically every year. I'm not a huge fan of Richardson or Levis but they both have elite physical profiles so you can understand why teams would be interested in them.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming you haven't watched him play, he's a freak athlete and excels with the ball in his hands. He reminds me of a more versatile Mike Williams.

Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. What do they all have in common? None of them had great 40 times.

That settles it , the Raiders take the next great one,  Quentin Johnston at 7.

He's  the next,  Mike Williams, Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins.

The great college WR is to much to pass on even with Adams.

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

That settles it , the Raiders take the next great one,  Quentin Johnston at 7.

He's  the next,  Mike Williams, Cooper Kupp, Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins.

The great college WR is to much to pass on even with Adams.

We don't have a glaring need for an alpha WR, we already have the best one in the league. The Patriots WR group is absolutely terrible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think it really just depends on how you guys play next year. If you have another disappointing season I think you have to prioritize finding a young franchise QB and you might want to pair him with a new coach.

Sure, if 2023 is a disappointment, then that's a possibility. But a disappointment this year was going under 4 wins. They had 7. They were better than people expected because of the shape of the roster.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:01 PM, NYRaider said:

Who do you want at 8?

I can give you a really good strong list of players to choose from.  I can tell you now that from the entire falcon nation this would be a massively hated pick.  Heck most people don't even want Stroud who is a much better choice if we go Qb at 8 of the 2.   But even then i say it's like 85% or better not wanting a QB at all in this draft.   The smarter move would be this for us we take this offseason to build a real legit quality team with all the draft picks and cap space we have.  Give Ridder a very fair chance in a much better team built around him to see what he has and then if he doesn't end up taking the spot fully.  You go into next years draft with a much better team for a brand new rookie QB with imo a better QB group in Caleb, Maye, and Ewer who 2 of the 3 i take over the 3 guys in this draft at the top.   That also gives you 5 fresh years of rookie QB cap space and a more ready team around them for them to succeed.  Ewers and Will i put similar as meh choices to settle with but Caleb and Maye i take them over Young and Stroud.

Now for the list of guys in your draft that would be best choices still available and i will give you 10 of them atleast in order to me from best to worst choice.

Skoronski
P. Johnson
Jones
Gonzalez
Porter
Smith
Q. Johnson
Addison
Simpson
N. Smith

Although if were being honest if all those D-line talent guys are gone and Levis is sitting there available you 100% if you are the falcons gotta look to see who has best offer for a trade down.   Carolina is right after us and it seems they like him alot so whoever wants to jump them will have to come to us for him.   We would be wise to trade down there and grab a guy like Nolan Smith. 

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

Harrison is possible for Pittsburgh, but I hate it.   He is just a slightly more polished Dan Moore Jr, who Id rather roll with for another year than draft Harrison at 17.  

If we must go OL at 17, Id go OCyrus Torrence.    

Id rather get Simpson or Ringo, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Murphy works. I don't personally like Phillips that high, BUT that doesn't mean the Falcons won't. He does fit here and does fit the need for a long-term solution at CB2. Good mock.

Also, that being said, I could see Atlanta easily double dipping on the DL with Murphy and Tuli (in the 2nd).

Edited by scar988

On 2/25/2023 at 7:10 PM, Louis Friend said:

Detroit is NOT taking a TE in the 1st round. 😂

Edit: I love the rest of it, even though I prefer Witherspoon over Gonzalez. 

I know they just traded away Hockenson but I just love the potential trio of ASB/Jameo/Mayer. That'd have a chance to be the best trio of pass catchers in the league.