Positional Coaching Changes

soflbillsfan

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

First domino to fall. 

The lack of progress from Jaquan Johnson, and Siran Neal over the years likely play part of this. 

yes I am just hoping a bigger domino falls and not just positional coaches. I know this has been the best team in 30 years but the defense has had back to back issues of not getting the job done. While Dorsey is a different problem, the whole bend dont break mentality and this 4-2-5 nickle base is just not working. With so many high draft picks and money spent on the front 6 to be abused by back up olineman in the playoffs in multiple years is embarrassing and that to me is on the higher ups. No matter what if it is McD to be at fault or if it is frazier, frazier is the guy that needs to go. If its McD then you need to pass the playcalling over to the DC and if you didnt do that for frazier at all then he clearly isnt the guy, and if McD does have Frazier making the calls then he clearly isnt the guy. So no matter what Frazier has to be the one on the outs if not then this team will not make a step forward next year when you got guys like Poyer and Edmunds hitting FA. There just has to be a potential DC out there that runs a 4-3 defense that can be a bit more aggressive then what we currently have 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

First domino to fall. 

The lack of progress from Jaquan Johnson, and Siran Neal over the years likely play part of this. 

To be fair though both of those guys were late round picks and were widely considered to be backups and special teamers. Not many coaches would have been able to withstand the injuries at safety this year. I am not saying I disagree with the firing, but I think the shortcomings at safety has more to do with the lack of talent behind Poyer and Hyde.

Edited by Billsfaninptown