Jets Hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC

Abe56

Underwhelming to say the least.  This has Gase vibes all over again.  Gase was only successful because of Peyton.  Hackett is only successful because of Rodgers.  At least Hackett isn't the HC so only one side of the ball will suck.

Just now, xrade said:

Underwhelming to say the least.  This has Gase vibes all over again.  Gase was only successful because of Peyton.  Hackett is only successful because of Rodgers.  At least Hackett isn't the HC so only one side of the ball will suck.

Which leaves us... exactly where we've been since 2009.

I like this move. This is pretty much putting Rodgers as a Jet. He is coming here boys. I bet they already are talked to Rodgers. I think the last move is what it will cost the Jets to get Rodgers. I hope it is no more than a first round pick. I don't cae what anyone says I'm with Rex Ryan on this. He will put the jets in the mix for a super bowl title and that is what we all want. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

He was the OC in Jacksonville when they had the second ranked offense with Bortles.  

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I like this move. This is pretty much putting Rodgers as a Jet. He is coming here boys. I bet they already are talked to Rodgers. I think the last move is what it will cost the Jets to get Rodgers. I hope it is no more than a first round pick. I don't cae what anyone says I'm with Rex Ryan on this. He will put the jets in the mix for a super bowl title and that is what we all want. 

Lol and what if the Jets don’t get Rodgers?

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This hire is only good if we get Rodgers. We fail to get Rodgers and roll with Wilson and an average vet. Then this hire is trash.

If the hire only good because of Rodgers then the hire isn’t good at all honestly. The OC needs to elevate the QB not the other way around. 

• Like 1

Let's all get one thing straight... Hackett was NOT the playcaller in Green Bay. That was Matt LaFleur.

Once Hackett got playcalling responsibilities assigned to him as HC in Denver, you all saw what happened.

You should be expecting more of the Denver Hackett than the Green Bay Hackett. We don't have an offensive mastermind HC to mask him.

And again, this is all in an attempt to mortgage our future for a one year rental of the shell of Aaron Rodgers. This is a horrible mistake.

• Like 3

Just now, NJC33 said:

He was the OC in Jacksonville when they had the second ranked offense with Bortles.  

He was the OC in Buffalo when they had the 29th ranked offense as well.

He was also canned 11 games after that Jacksonville season when the offense regressed. 

So he’s got mixed results overall. Some really good, some really bad.

• Like 1