Jets Hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC

Abe56

15 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

As someone who watched the Broncos closely this year for fantasy purposes, I can assure you it's not all on Wilson.

He doesn't utilize his talent properly, especially in the run game. He had Javonte and Gordon splitting carries 50/50 when Javonte was literally averaging double YPC. The playcalling was EXTREMELY vanilla and predictable. Doesn't pound the rock on short yardage situations. Lowest scoring offense in the entire NFL... that's not just a Russ thing. I'm highly concerned.

Wait, are you talking about the 2022 Broncos offense or the 2022 Jets offense.

• Like 2

Yeah, I think this move has the potential to backfire in spectacular fashion...AKA the "Jets way". 

I hate the fact that when he was successful in GB, he did not call plays. 

The Hackett-Wilson marriage in Denver was absolutely awful. A Hackett-Carr combination has the potential to be just as bad, and potentially worse. Forget about Hackett-Zach Wilson. That is a recipe for disaster.

This will ONLY work if Aaron Rodgers is coming here now. That is how I see things. But, Denver hired Hackett with the idea to try to lure Rodgers, and that did not work. And it failed in spectacular fashion. 

This move definitely puts us in a box. Rodgers or bust.

11 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

4 games, and when he did have him, he misused him terribly. It was so obvious how much more explosive and punishing of a runner Javonte was compared to Melvin Gordon, yet he still rotated them on each drive.

Can't wait to see him do that with Breece.

Not gonna sit here and defend that Hackett wasn’t a problem with DEN last year. But he was given no favors with a whole slew of guys that got injured for them who were supposed to be a big part of the offense. As well as a QB learning a new system. Rodgers would know the system right away. It’d be more on the playmakers to learn it as fast as possible and get timing down with Rodgers if that’s the move we have in mind.

5 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Yeah, I think this move has the potential to backfire in spectacular fashion...AKA the "Jets way". 

I hate the fact that when he was successful in GB, he did not call plays. 

The Hackett-Wilson marriage in Denver was absolutely awful. A Hackett-Carr combination has the potential to be just as bad, and potentially worse. Forget about Hackett-Zach Wilson. That is a recipe for disaster.

This will ONLY work if Aaron Rodgers is coming here now. That is how I see things. But, Denver hired Hackett with the idea to try to lure Rodgers, and that did not work. And it failed in spectacular fashion. 

This move definitely puts us in a box. Rodgers or bust.

I think GB is A LOT more inclined to trade Rodgers this year 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think GB is A LOT more inclined to trade Rodgers this year 

Oh for sure. But do we want to trade TWO firsts for him? I would trade our 2023 first for him, without hesitation. If we could somehow include Zach Wilson as that second first rounder, that would be ideal.

After letting go LeFleur, they were not going to go with another first time coordinator. And we all saw the veteran OCs that took their names out of the running or declined interviews (Bevell, Callahan etc) because if the QB situation. Hackett was the only experienced guy willing to take this job.

We might be a QB away on paper from contending, but from a potential offensive coordinators point of view, the Jets job was the least attractive in the league. Risky business.

Hopefully this isn’t based on Hackett promising Rodgers, because that’s how I think he got the Broncos job. 

I also think this is a horrible hire if we dont get Rodgers and I am not exactly thrilled about the vision. Window to win literally just opened up after a historically great draft and because we are a desperate franchise, instead of staying to course we are pushing out chips to the center very prematurely. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not gonna sit here and defend that Hackett wasn’t a problem with DEN last year. But he was given no favors with a whole slew of guys that got injured for them who were supposed to be a big part of the offense. As well as a QB learning a new system. Rodgers would know the system right away. It’d be more on the playmakers to learn it as fast as possible and get timing down with Rodgers if that’s the move we have in mind.

Rodgers is gonna kill these young receivers they moment they get an attitude. They need it, can't wait.