Jets Hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC

Abe56

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think he actually was?

Either way, the rest of his offensive results are.. underwhelming

Doug Marrone was I believe. 

But regardless, you're not wrong. Flash in the pan. He got fired midseason the following year after a 3-8 start.

Maybe I am wrong actually... it does seem like Marrone brought Hackett with him everywhere, from Syracuse to Buffalo to Jax. Either way, one outlier year doesn't absolve the remaining resume.

Edited by jetjuice

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol and what if the Jets don’t get Rodgers?

Nah he is coming too many things line up and what other team is a QB away from going deep in the playoffs. Please don't say Raiders. They are a beat up team and Adams left Rodgers. Brady is going to be a Raider and the other teams are too far away from a deep playoff run. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If the hire only good because of Rodgers then the hire isn’t good at all honestly. The OC needs to elevate the QB not the other way around. 

Depends what the goal is. If we know we will gladly give up 2 1st let’s say for Rodgers and we’re all in on trying to be contenders these next 2 years. It’s a good hire for 2 years. This also hopefully if the above happens allows Wilson or some other mid round QB to sit and learn from Rodgers and the system for 2 years. Where we have a young guy ready in 2025. At that point it’ll probably be where we’d see if Hackett as an OC is more than just Rodgers.

I also think if we get Rodgers we have to look at how it affects the whole team. It makes Wilson probably a #1 WR. Makes Moore a good/great slot WR. Hall a top RB. Makes the OL better as a whole. Establishes winning is the norm.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Depends what the goal is. If we know we will gladly give up 2 1st let’s say for Rodgers and we’re all in on trying to be contenders these next 2 years. It’s a good hire for 2 years. This also hopefully if the above happens allows Wilson or some other mid round QB to sit and learn from Rodgers and the system for 2 years. Where we have a young guy ready in 2025. At that point it’ll probably be where we’d see if Hackett as an OC is more than just Rodgers.

I also think if we get Rodgers we have to look at how it affects the whole team. It makes Wilson probably a #1 WR. Makes Moore a good/great slot WR. Hall a top RB. Makes the OL better as a whole. Establishes winning is the norm.

Fair. 

Now on the chance we don’t get Rodgers or he has a *knock of wood* season ending injury then we’re crap again lol.

I just wanted someone who was going to elevate the offense as a whole. But I’m always going to support and hope for the best.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Fair. 

Now on the chance we don’t get Rodgers or he has a *knock of wood* season ending injury then we’re crap again lol.

I just wanted someone who was going to elevate the offense as a whole. But I’m always going to support and hope for the best.

I don't think we do something like this if we aren't angling for Rodgers.

My concern is that we're angling for Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Mixed about this he’s had some success and personally believe the problem was mostly Wilson in Denver but still would have liked 1 or 2 guys we interviewed over him but hey I’m cool if we get Rodgers

As someone who watched the Broncos closely this year for fantasy purposes, I can assure you it's not all on Wilson.

He doesn't utilize his talent properly, especially in the run game. He had Javonte and Gordon splitting carries 50/50 when Javonte was literally averaging double YPC. The playcalling was EXTREMELY vanilla and predictable. Doesn't pound the rock on short yardage situations. Lowest scoring offense in the entire NFL... that's not just a Russ thing. I'm highly concerned.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fair. 

Yes I don’t like the hire if we don’t get Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

As someone who watched the Broncos closely this year for fantasy purposes, I can assure you it's not all on Wilson.

He doesn't utilize his talent properly, especially in the run game. He had Javonte and Gordon splitting carries 50/50 when Javonte was literally averaging double YPC. The playcalling was EXTREMELY vanilla and predictable. Doesn't pound the rock on short yardage situations. Lowest scoring offense in the entire NFL... that's not just a Russ thing. I'm highly concerned.

To his defense he lost his star RB pretty much 3 games into the season. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

To his defense he lost his star RB pretty much 3 games into the season. 

4 games, and when he did have him, he misused him terribly. It was so obvious how much more explosive and punishing of a runner Javonte was compared to Melvin Gordon, yet he still rotated them on each drive.

Can't wait to see him do that with Breece.