Jets Hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC

Abe56

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He will, that's what he does. Rodgers gonna be like you were open but Moore was more open now shut up and get to your spot. 

Well if this happens its also put up or shut up for Moore. This is either going to be awesome or a complete disaster.

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup this will either be a season we've all dreamed of or an absolute nightmare. 

Which is why I would rather stay the course. I am all for bringing in a veteran and having a legit competition etc. but the window JUST opened. This isn't a WIN NOW team. Win now teams are team with veterans that have one last shot ie the Bucs or Rams. We are a young ascending team. This just isn't smart. This wasn't the plan when Douglas got hired and now if this fails we will lose a GM whose honestly done a good job tearing down Macs team and building his own. Not perfect but still proof that we have a quality GM. If this is for one year...its stupid. If its for 2...then Zach's deal is up and why would we exercise a 5th year option on a QB we haven't seen play in two years. I just don't get the goal here. Super Bowl or bust? I want to honestly stay positive, despite my previous posts on Hackett, but It just always feels like this franchise can't get out of its own way.

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Which is why I would rather stay the course. I am all for bringing in a veteran and having a legit competition etc. but the window JUST opened. This isn't a WIN NOW team. Win now teams are team with veterans that have one last shot ie the Bucs or Rams. We are a young ascending team. This just isn't smart. This wasn't the plan when Douglas got hired and now if this fails we will lose a GM whose honestly done a good job tearing down Macs team and building his own. Not perfect but still proof that we have a quality GM. If this is for one year...its stupid. If its for 2...then Zach's deal is up and why would we exercise a 5th year option on a QB we haven't seen play in two years. I just don't get the goal here. Super Bowl or bust? I want to honestly stay positive, despite my previous posts on Hackett, but It just always feels like this franchise can't get out of its own way.

I knew they were going to do something desperate once they realized Zach Wilson wasn’t the guy. There were going to be repercussions to him busting no matter what, this looks like an effort to save jobs.

27 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I knew they were going to do something desperate once they realized Zach Wilson wasn’t the guy. There were going to be repercussions to him busting no matter what, this looks like an effort to save jobs.

Staying the course works if Wilson showed anything. Every QB we played wasn’t good. So we need a turnover. Doubt we can get anything for Wilson. So I think he stays on the roster. But remember we have decide on his 5th year option after this next season. And I can’t see us doing that. Unless some miracle happens. So what I would do. Is draft a guy in the mid rounds this year or next year if we’re signing or trading for a vet. Let that guy sit and learn while we control him for 4 years. Let’s say it is Rodgers who we get. He plays 2 years and the young guy after sitting for 2 years hopefully can be ready to go. Could even do it next draft and the guy sits for 1 season and learns. 

58 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You guys are absolutely a win now team. Majority of your best players are on rookie contracts. Now is the time to go all in. By the time Rodgers retires, Sauce and Wilson will be up for new contracts and then you roll with a QB on a rookie contract. 

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

You guys are absolutely a win now team. Majority of your best players are on rookie contracts. Now is the time to go all in. By the time Rodgers retires, Sauce and Wilson will be up for new contracts and then you roll with a QB on a rookie contract. 

Exactly. Thank you. We have no one we have to pay besides Q. And we can actually save money this year cap wise by signing him long term. He’s also still only like 25 or something. So we can always move money around with him down the road. Becton for us is a question mark if we should pay him. After that we don’t have to pay anyone big money in the next couple years. Moore has to show more and AVT will get his after 2 more years. But likely Rodgers will be done by then.

You have to remember we’re a fan base that has never seen a high powered offense. So we can’t imagine our offense being a weapon for us. Not just a side of the ball that can score a couple times bc the defense is lights out. The D should only get better with the youth we have an offense keeping them off the field. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup this will either be a season we've all dreamed of or an absolute nightmare. 

You are right about Saleh being married to the shanahan system.

Since Saleh got Hackett and Carter as OC and OL/RC Jimmy Garoppolo being a Jet should come to fruition.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You are right about Saleh being married to the shanahan system.

Since Saleh got Hackett and Carter as OC and OL/RC Jimmy Garoppolo being a Jet should come to fruition.

I think that’s the backup plan if we can’t get Rodgers. I fully expect us to trade for Rodgers before FA hits and if we can’t come to terms switch directions to Jimmy G. I have us out on Carr now bc I think we stay focused on Rodgers that Carr moves while we’re trying.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers is gonna kill these young receivers they moment they get an attitude. They need it, can't wait. 

You mean like when Garrett Wilson would have a mini temper tantrum literally every time Zach missed him with a pass. Imagine him doing that with Rodgers on an errant throw. 😂