Jets Hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC

Abe56

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think that’s the backup plan if we can’t get Rodgers. I fully expect us to trade for Rodgers before FA hits and if we can’t come to terms switch directions to Jimmy G. I have us out on Carr now bc I think we stay focused on Rodgers that Carr moves while we’re trying.

I fail to see GM who has been a strong belief in building the team via draft will give up a premium pick(s).  That is why I don't think Rodgers will come.  We will see.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I fail to see GM who has been a strong belief in building the team via draft will give up a premium pick(s).  That is why I don't think Rodgers will come.  We will see.

Except Woody might be telling him to do it. And let’s not forget likely JD and Saleh’s jobs are on the line with 2 seasons of no playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Except Woody might be telling him to do it. And let’s not forget likely JD and Saleh’s jobs are on the line with 2 seasons of no playoffs.

I am well aware of that.  Acquiring Rodgers doesn't guarantee Jets a playoff spot.   JD and Saleh will lose jobs either way.  Thanking to "traded for Rodgers" new regime may struggle with adjustment via FA and early draft picks.

If JD pulled CWood's suggested trade, Jets could have merely an issue with FA movement (without knowledge of future salary issue).  That is better than nothing.

I'm not buying the Woody pressuring guys to do stuff talk. I think it's lazy analysis.

Trading for Rodgers absolutely does not seem uncharacteristic for JD. He's willing to make splash moves, but only if they make sense for the team. Trading for Rodgers makes so much sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I'm not buying the Woody pressuring guys to do stuff talk. I think it's lazy analysis.

Trading for Rodgers absolutely does not seem uncharacteristic for JD. He's willing to make splash moves, but only if they make sense for the team. Trading for Rodgers makes so much sense to me. 

FA splash. sure.   trade splash, nah.

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I am well aware of that.  Acquiring Rodgers doesn't guarantee Jets a playoff spot.   JD and Saleh will lose jobs either way.  Thanking to "traded for Rodgers" new regime may struggle with adjustment via FA and early draft picks.

If JD pulled CWood's suggested trade, Jets could have merely an issue with FA movement (without knowledge of future salary issue).  That is better than nothing.

Having no 1st and Rodgers gives a higher chance than an average QB and Wilson battling it out and a 1st at the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Only way Jets don't make the playoffs with Rodgers is if he gets injured. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Having no 1st and Rodgers gives a higher chance than an average QB and Wilson battling it out and a 1st at the playoffs.

first round playoff outcasts will own 21-24.   I don't know if that is significant for back to back drafts. Plus, we have to worry about Rodgers' wrestling with retirement.

In CWood's proposal trade, we slipped in 1st by 2 spots and lowering future value if Rodgers quits. That way Jets still have solid draft options.

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

first round playoff outcasts will own 21-24.   I don't know if that is significant for back to back drafts. Plus, we have to worry about Rodgers' wrestling with retirement.

In CWood's proposal trade, we slipped in 1st by 2 spots and lowering future value if Rodgers quits. That way Jets still have solid draft options.

I for sure see conditions to the picks 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I for sure see conditions to the picks 

2023 - 2nd

2024 - 2nd that becomes a 1st if we hit the AFC championship game

Who says no?  GB doesn't have a ton of leverage for a guy threatening to retire and is about to be 40 no matter how good he is.  Keeping this years 1st is key to fixing the OL so I'm not coughing that up.  We can fill the other areas in FA with some ring chasers and backloaded deals.  

Back load deals, restructure, and go all in for 2023 and 2024 get Rodgers his other ring.  It'll all come crashing down in 2025 when we have to pay the piper but we can be legit Superbowl contenders with BUF showing some cracks.  The time is now no more worrying about cap space go all in.