2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

Any chance Brandon Aiyuk gets traded? I know the 49ers just picked up his fifth year option but could they look to sell high now?

His name was mentioned as a potential trade target of the Chiefs on a local podcast and the more I think about it the more it seems like a potential Brett Veach move that kind of comes out of left field.

No. I think SF will ask for a price well beyond what Aiyuk is actually worth. With that, teams will balk.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It'd make more sense to trade him next offseason. 

It would make more sense to trade Deebo next offseason 

But i think they keep the core intact (Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC) for 2 more years 

Aiyuk is getting extended, just a matter of this or next offseason, since we have the 5th year option

Edited by 49ersfan

15 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

It would make more sense to trade Deebo next offseason 

But i think they keep the core intact (Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC) for 2 more years 

Aiyuk is getting extended, just a matter of this or next offseason, since we have the 5th year option

You'd eat $36M in dead cap in 24/25 if you traded Deebo.

4 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Any chance Brandon Aiyuk gets traded? I know the 49ers just picked up his fifth year option but could they look to sell high now?

His name was mentioned as a potential trade target of the Chiefs on a local podcast and the more I think about it the more it seems like a potential Brett Veach move that kind of comes out of left field.

Very little. If a team offered something like a first and third (if that first is like 29 or 30 or something) or a first and 4th (if that first was like pick 24 or 25), I think that they would listen, but I think the odds of that are nominal. 

Just now, Forge said:

Very little. If a team offered something like a first and third (if that first is like 29 or 30 or something) or a first and 4th (if that first was like pick 24 or 25), I think that they would listen, but I think the odds of that are nominal. 

Green Bay Packers Reaction GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It'd make more sense to trade him next offseason. 

Makes more sense just to keep them both over the next two years while the team is contending with a rookie QB.  Give Aiyuk his big money deal at the start of the 2024 season and worst case scenario, you cut Deebo in 2025 if he's not worth his money. 

There is no hurry to trade Aiyuk because the paydays of Deebo and Aiyuk are structured where you likely don't have to make a decision before 2025. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Makes more sense just to keep them both over the next two years while the team is contending with a rookie QB.  Given Aiyuk his big money deal at the start of the 2024 season and worst case scenario, you cut Deebo in 2025 if he's not worth his money. 

There is no hurry to trade Aiyuk because the paydays of Deebo and Aiyuk are structured where you likely don't have to make a decision before 2025. 

I agree, they need to maximize their championship window.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

I agree, they need to maximize their championship window.

Just wish that championship window was being lead by a QB I have faith could take it to the next level when needed lol 

I like Purdy, and I think he's just fine on the field, but in the playoffs I just am not sure if he'll be good enough against a Mahomes

Just now, Forge said:

Just wish that championship window was being lead by a QB I have faith could take it to the next level when needed lol 

I like Purdy, and I think he's just fine on the field, but in the playoffs I just am not sure if he'll be good enough against a Mahomes

nrkxyzg8nnlxyspfqtu4

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Green Bay Packers Champion GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

1 hour ago, Forge said:

All it takes is one game in the Super Bowl. Maybe Mahomes' protection dies on the playoff run to the Super Bowl like it did in 2020. The NFC is wide open enough that Purdy can get you to the Super Bowl.

That's the logic I see for the Lions, too.

12 minutes ago, General Tso said:

All it takes is one game in the Super Bowl. Maybe Mahomes' protection dies on the playoff run to the Super Bowl like it did in 2020. The NFC is wide open enough that Purdy can get you to the Super Bowl.

That's the logic I see for the Lions, too.

For sure...it's just annoying to live on those razor thin margins

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

nrkxyzg8nnlxyspfqtu4

I'm pretty sure that he's not a thing in the eyes of the 49ers, but I suppose that he'll get a chance to prove it if he can beat out Sam Darnold this off season and Brock Purdy has to miss some games. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure that he's not a thing in the eyes of the 49ers, but I suppose that he'll get a chance to prove it if he can beat out Sam Darnold this off season and Brock Purdy has to miss some games. 

If Brock misses some games and Darnold beats out Lance, are we all pretty much out on Lance? That feels like it'd be the final straw for him.