2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's also why I wouldn't restructure Allen this year.   I think for better or worse, the Chargers are going to keep both Mack and Bosa next year.  I would leave Allen alone so it provides the cap relief for 2024.  They don't need to restructure him to make it work for 2023, so win-win for them. 

All of which hinges on them having a legit viable WR to take some or a lot of the lost production Allen's departure would bring - it doesn't have to be in the same areas, though.   Palmer is OK, but he's not Allen V2.   So adding a burner would complete their WR corps skill-wise, and allow Palmer to be a possession-intermediate guy, and have a true all-phases threat join them as Allen leaves.

Their offense could look completely different after next season to be honest. Mike Williams has a $27M cap hit in 2024 but only had $7M in dead cap so he is another cut candidate as well. Plus Ekeler is going into the last year of his contract and he's likely going to be seeking a massive new deal too. 

Edited by NYRaider

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Their offense could look completely different after next season to be honest. Mike Williams has a $27M cap hit in 2024 but only had $7M in dead cap so he is another cut candidate as well. Plus Ekeler is going into the last year of his contract and he's likely going to be seeking a massive new deal too. 

Didn’t they JUST extent Williams?

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He got a new deal last offseason.

I saw he made less than 10mil this year and just assumed it was the last year of his rookie deal. Why wouldn't you fornt load deals while your franchise QB is on a rookie deal lol, Derwins blows up too they are going to end up cutting Mack aren't they.

46 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I saw he made less than 10mil this year and just assumed it was the last year of his rookie deal. Why wouldn't you fornt load deals while your franchise QB is on a rookie deal lol, Derwins blows up too they are going to end up cutting Mack aren't they.

There's a realistic chance that Mack is a cap casualty, I wish we hadn't paid Chandler Jones. 

• Like 1

Dennis Allen, Joe Woods, Derek Carr... too bad they let Latavius Murray go to Denver. Could have been what's left of the 2014 Raiders. If they could get Gabe Jackson and Khalil Mack the year after it would be basically that. Denico Autry and Shelby Harris are still around too, but I dunno who else I don't think they'd be available in the next couple years but maybe. Gotta sign John DeFlippo to coach Carr in the meantime.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

Dennis Allen, Joe Woods, Derek Carr... too bad they let Latavius Murray go to Denver. Could have been what's left of the 2014 Raiders. If they could get Gabe Jackson and Khalil Mack the year after it would be basically that. Denico Autry and Shelby Harris are still around too, but I dunno who else I don't think they'd be available in the next couple years but maybe. Gotta sign John DeFlippo to coach Carr in the meantime.

It's funny because Gabe Jackson and Khalil Mack are both potential cut candidates. I believe Shelby Harris is also set to be a free agent this offseason. 

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Man I just don’t know how Baltimore would trade him. They can franchise tag him twice still

When you're 100M apart, as reported, there's no future beyond that.   In that situation, it then becomes a Q of whether the return justifies standing pat, or moving on.   

It was a lot easier when BAL could go after a vet QB - with TB12 retiring and Carr becoming available by Feb 15 (and likely snapped up shortly after, if not by then), though, there's some urgency to BAL FO committing one way or the other.  Their roster is a contender (that D is legit, the run game and TE's/Bateman are legit), so they're not likely going to be OK with a complete rebuild at QB - getting a vet QB to hold the fort while they look for their future plan, is the most attractive plan.

The fact the vet QB market is a lot less appealing with TB12 retired and Carr perhaps taken off, seems like it will force BAL's hand.   

If there's a trade happening, I'd guess it's happening very soon (as in before Feb. 15).   After that, tagging and likely looking at a trade in the 2023 offseason is always an option.   It's just if they really are that far apart, it's a question of when, not if they go their separate ways.   

Edited by Broncofan

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

When you're 100M apart, as reported, there's no future beyond that.   In that situation, it then becomes a Q of whether the return justifies standing pat, or moving on.   

It was a lot easier when BAL could go after a vet QB - with TB12 retiring and Carr becoming available by Feb 15 (and likely snapped up shortly after, if not by then), though, there's some urgency to BAL FO committing one way or the other.  Their roster is a contender (that D is legit, the run game and TE's/Bateman are legit), so they're not likely going to be OK with a complete rebuild at QB - getting a vet QB to hold the fort while they look for their future plan, is the most attractive plan.

The fact the vet QB market is a lot less appealing with TB12 retired and Carr perhaps taken off, seems like it will force BAL's hand.   

If there's a trade happening, I'd guess it's happening very soon (as in before Feb. 15).   After that, tagging and likely looking at a trade in the 2023 offseason is always an option.   It's just if they really are that far apart, it's a question of when, not if they go their separate ways.   

I'm not a huge believer in Tyler Huntley, but if you think he can run an offense reasonably well wouldn't the Ravens be better off with saving a crap ton of money, a boatload of picks, and not having a QB who is going to miss a handful of games every year?