2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not a huge believer in Tyler Huntley, but if you think he can run an offense reasonably well wouldn't the Ravens be better off with saving a crap ton of money, a boatload of picks, and not having a QB who is going to miss a handful of games every year?

That's the obv appeal - but I imagine that BAL's FO prefers to have a real win-now vet option.

If Huntley had played as well this year as he did in 2021, I don't think it would even be a Q - BAL's FO would be active in dealing Lamar.   The problem is Huntley wasn't great this year (Pro Bowl vote-in notwithstanding - LOL).   That's the issue; it's a much tougher PR sell.     I suspect if BAL traded Lamar, they'd like to have Huntley paired with someone, and frankly, if they were to get the 13 pick, you know the Anthony Richardson rumors would really skyrocket (but no way you play him this year if you have real intentions to win games this year and truly contend).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Is Ryan Tannehill to the Cardinals as a bridge til Murray returns possible in a package to move to #3? I haven't looked into his contract or into Cardinals potential space if they do move Hopkins and other moves. Or does Will Anderson make any trade to #3 off limits?

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Is Ryan Tannehill to the Cardinals as a bridge til Murray returns possible in a package to move to #3? I haven't looked into his contract or into Cardinals potential space if they do move Hopkins and other moves. Or does Will Anderson make any trade to #3 off limits?

There is no chance the Cardinals will or should consider trading #3 for Tannehill unless they get a few firsts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trojan said:

No why tf would the Cardinals want Tannehill? Tannehill sucks and the Cardinals aren’t contenders even with a top QB, letalone a washed 

41 minutes ago, Acgott said:

There is no chance the Cardinals will or should consider trading #3 for Tannehill unless they get a few firsts.

Yes lol, I mean #11 and '23 1st and or whatever it takes to beat competing offers, but Titans could sell the Cardinals a starting 1 year deal QB where others can't basically a rental while Kyler is out and potential comp pick if he shows out and gets a deal in FA in '24

Edited by Trojan

9 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Yes lol, I men #11 and '23 1st + whatever it takes to beat competing offers, but Titans could sell the Cardinals a starting 1 year deal QB where others can't basically a rental while Kyler is out and potential comp pick if he shows out and gets a deal in FA in '24

No, tannehill would be a throw in for the cardinals. There is no benefit to that trade for the cardinals. They’ll be lucky to be .500 next year.

Just now, Falconof Shadows said:

Does anyone remember when we start seeing the pre new league year cuts and trades. I always forget but feel like somethings happen around the Combine which is already only 2 weeks away

Combine is a big time for stuff to get done for NFL people. You can certainly get things done any time, but the combine basically puts everyone in the same spot at once (except the Rams lol) to talk in person and hammer stuff out. 

Cuts pretty much happen whenever at this juncture. 

• Like 2