2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

4 hours ago, Forge said:

And if I remove a game where he played in a monsoon, his ANY/A in his starts is 8.31.  

Not like he's going to be playing in that type of weather often, right? And we want to have a better idea of what a normal game would look like. 

Also, with regards to the efficiency- his ADOT is vastly different than the others. That could be a different offensive philosophy from Shanny when Lance plays, could be Lance's style, could be that he's never played with CMC and has only played with George Kittle once.  His depth of target last year was over 9. Brock and JImmy typically hover in the 6's. Overall, his yards per attempt last year was still 8.48 in his two starts while Purdy's is 8.1. 

So are we sure that Lance is struggling? Or is it just uglier? 

I have no idea what Lance is...but truthfully, there's nothing he has done that should make anyone concerned when it's contextualized, but there's also nothing that should put someone all in or anything. There's just not enough neutral data to mean anything. 

(*Edit - I was doing some of those calculations by hand, so anyone feel free to correct if one is inaccurate)

The thing that would concern me the most with Lance is injuries. I think durability is genetic more than anything else. Having a QB whose skillset is maximized through his (power) running would scare me if that guy has already shown he may be susceptible to injuries.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The thing that would concern me the most with Lance is injuries. I think durability is genetic more than anything else. Having a QB whose skillset is maximized through his (power) running would scare me if that guy has already shown he may be susceptible to injuries.

This would massively concern me as well. Three injuries already. Not a great look. I told Titans fans that if the niners traded then Lance for a second, they should be concerned 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The worst, well second worst. Mahomes' can't be topped.

Hard to argue who is worse between his brother or wife. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At least Mahomes is that dude though. Carr’s camp is acting like he’s prime Tom Brady.

That’s def fair. 

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That’s def fair. 

The Raiders went out and hired an extremely well respected offensive coach that wanted to coach Carr, extended all of our offensive weapons, gave Carr one of the richest deals in the league (with a NTC), and traded for his best friend/the best WR in the league. And despite all of that Carr's family is acting like we just went out of our way to set him up for failure and screwed him over. He just didn't play well last season and our new regime doesn't want to rest their job security on his shoulders going forward.

• Like 1

“I think they will trade Trey Lance to Tennessee and then they will end up with Brady and Brady will play one year for his home team, and they will have Brock Purdy as the backup,” an exec from another team predicted. “That is the chatter. They have the defense already, Brady wants to win one more, and this is right up the 49ers’ alley.”

-Mike Sando of The Athletic in his latest Pick Six column (1/30/23)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, General Tso said:

That seems very short-sighted. What are they going to do after Brady retires? You good with Purdy as the long-term starter?

Well right now it's either Lance or Purdy anyways. Bring in Tom and make a run where (hopefully) QB isn't the problem for once. Then you evaluate after the season for better or worse.

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

That seems very short-sighted. What are they going to do after Brady retires? You good with Purdy as the long-term starter?

Yes. 

That said, until they know what's up with Purdy's elbow, they can't say one way or the other. 

I have big time concerns over Purdy's long term viability if he has to get TJS 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Yes. 

That said, until they know what's up with Purdy's elbow, they can't say one way or the other. 

I have big time concerns over Purdy's long term viability if he has to get TJS 

Joe Montana had surgery on his elbow in '81, '89 and '91. Was a tendon not a ligament though.