2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

49ers fans are pretty sure that Jimmie Ward isn't coming back. He's still playing at a high quality level, though this year they moved him to Nickel rather than playing at safety.

He has been very clear about his disdain for playing nickel and he was in IG Live talking about how Shanny told him he was going to ride the bench if he didn't play nickel last year lol 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

49ers fans are pretty sure that Jimmie Ward isn't coming back. He's still playing at a high quality level, though this year they moved him to Nickel rather than playing at safety.

He has been very clear about his disdain for playing nickel and he was in IG Live talking about how Shanny told him he was going to ride the bench if he didn't play nickel last year lol 

If that is the case, then he makes so much sense for Houston.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're in a good position to land a QB, either via draft, FA or trade. I for one am hoping we trade up for Stroud but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not sure I'd agree, unless you want to pay a fortune to move up to get a QB.  Right now, QBs seemed poised to go off the board at 2 (Houston) and 4 (Indianapolis) barring trade ups from anyone else.  The FA market is highlighted by *checks notes* Jimmy G, and the only major QB available is Aaron Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure I'd agree, unless you want to pay a fortune to move up to get a QB.  Right now, QBs seemed poised to go off the board at 2 (Houston) and 4 (Indianapolis) barring trade ups from anyone else.  The FA market is highlighted by *checks notes* Jimmy G, and the only major QB available is Aaron Rodgers.

I would happily move up for a QB. We have the ammo.

Just now, Forge said:

The problem is you may have to fight that out with Carolina, who has additional picks from the CMC trade, including another second

Exactly.  I've also got Detroit as another team that if they value a QB highly enough, they could move up to get one as well.  Las Vegas is armed with a LOT of Day 3 picks (7!!!), and a bunch of expensive veterans.

36 minutes ago, Forge said:
38 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If that is the case, then he makes so much sense for Houston.

That is what a lot of niners fans expect as well. Definitely sucks for the niners. 

His name is the first name that came up in discussions after yesterday. Ward slots in next to Jalen Pitre almost immediately and gives ‘Meco his vet presence to help both Pitre and Derek Stingley Jr as they translate their skill to this new scheme. 

If the Texans are ever so bold - they could add in CB Joey Porter Jr with that 12th pick and have an immediate impact secondary for day one of the DeMeco era.

• Like 1