2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Why? Burrow is going to get 50mil+, Jackson might too. Tua would be in the 45ish range if not for concussions. You think one of the NFC South won't offer him the 35mil he's on track to make this year? Russ, Kyler and Deshaun average 46+. Stafford and Dak 40.  He makes Wentz, Goff, Cousins and Matt Ryan money. If you aren't paying that range, you're in the market for a rookie deal. Carr is going to get more on the open market than what he's on track to get from the Raiders no doubt. Carr makes a similar amount to Mariota + Chandler Jones. It's not an overpay.

Those guys are getting extended by their current teams and I don't think the Saints/Bucs can even afford to give him a massive deal. His current deal is 3 yr/$121M which is the 7th largest contract in the league. Considering his flaws I'm not sure anyone is going to want to give him a record breaking deal. I think it's more likely that he gets something like 3 yr / $90-100M with more GTD money on the backend of his contract. 

It's difficult to really assess it though, guys like Carr almost never hit free agency.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:29 AM, Broncofan said:

So if TB12 retirement sticks, the Raiders did really let Derek Carr go with no real plan B locked in.    Wow. 

Our owner has wanted to move on from Carr forever, I think there's a good chance we say YOLO and go all in for Rodgers to be honest.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that we just made a big deal last offseason doesn't hurt either. I'd be cool with it but I'd prefer to keep the 7th pick if possible. 

I feel like the 7th pick has to be involved in some aspect.  Maybe something like 7/'24 FRP/'25 FRP for Rodgers/15.  That's if Davis gets desperate.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like the 7th pick has to be involved in some aspect.  Maybe something like 7/'24 FRP/'25 FRP for Rodgers/15.  That's if Davis gets desperate.

Yeah that's my only concern since the Jets are likely going to offer #13 + more, we'll likely have to give up #7. I can't imagine that we'd leverage that much future draft capital though, if we give up #7 I really wouldn't want to include any more FRP's because there's a good chance Rodgers only lasts 1-2 years max with us.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What're the odds that the Bengals move on from Joe Mixon in light of his recent arrest? He wasn't as explosive/productive this year and they can save $17M over the next two seasons if they cut him.

Not for that.  The warrant was already pulled.  (He never was arrested, only an issued warrant).

Now if the question is will they dump him for salary cap reasons, then I'd say there's about a 35% chance of that, maybe higher, with restructuring at about 50%, and that last 15% for playing out his last year or two on the current deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our owner has wanted to move on from Carr forever, I think there's a good chance we say YOLO and go all in for Rodgers to be honest.

How about Rogers for Crosby and a third, or something along those lines, assuming the Pack aren't looking to full rebuild?

Just now, INbengalfan said:

How about Rogers for Crosby and a third, or something along those lines, assuming the Pack aren't looking to full rebuild?

Absolutely zero chance that we'd trade Maxx Crosby, if we did we'd likely get multiple firsts back for him. I could see Renfrow or Waller being included in a deal though, the Packers have tried to trade for Waller twice.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Absolutely zero chance that we'd trade Maxx Crosby, if we did we'd likely get multiple firsts back for him. I could see Renfrow or Waller being included in a deal though, the Packers have tried to trade for Waller twice.

Wouldn't you think the Packers see similar value in Rodgers if they move him?

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Wouldn't you think the Packers see similar value in Rodgers if they move him?

I'm sure they do but they're different types of assets. One is a 39 year old QB coming off of a down year that might only be a 1 year rental. The other is a 25 year old All-Pro level pass rusher with like half the cap number. Crosby is literally the Raiders franchise player and the only defensive cornerstone that we have, trading him in a win now move to acquire someone like Rodgers would be working backwards.