What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What leverage do you speak of, curious? Aaron Rodgers has as much leverage as Sean Payton. He's under contract. Can't "Retire", then go where ever he wants afterwards. GB isn't trading him within the NFC unless blown away with compensation. 

While they aren't going to get ridiculous compensation,  they aren't and don't have to give him away for penny's on the dollar even to get rid of the cry baby headache He's become.

GB will set a price, teams will match or they won't.  He can retire but in all honesty will do exactly what he did last year. Come back to the Packers to collect his $50M scratch off ticket!!! 👌

Why did you cut the rest of my post when I asked if it will take more then a 1 and a 2 to land him?  Come you really think he has no leverage here?  HOU could offer 3 firsts and GB would be thrilled to get that but Rodgers isn't playing there and will retire after one year probably after coasting through the year like you said just to collect his $.  In turn HOU isn't offering up those 3 firsts. 

It's not all the leverage in the world but no team is offering up a lot for him unless they know he's committed to playing for them.  That is his leverage right there.  Again it's not like trade me here or else but Roders is going to have a say where he goes.  If you don't believe that than not sure what to tell you.  Unless said team is sure he wants to be there they aren't offering up value and we aren't sure if he has 1 team or 5 teams on his list.  The more teams he'll go to the better for GB to start a bidding war but he has leverage it's crazy to think he doesn't.  

GB has some too in they know he wants to get that last big check before cashing out so they won't just cater to him either.   

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Funny that the 49ers home stadium is in Santa Clara.....

And then at his first presser with the Niners: "I'm really excited to play in...[pause to stroke his ego after being so clever earlier in the year and expecting everyone to remember it and appreciate his humor and intellect]...Santa Clara..."

That's 100% something he'd do ha

• Like 5

On 2/1/2023 at 2:06 PM, Nabbs4u said:

What leverage do you speak of, curious? Aaron Rodgers has as much leverage as Sean Payton. He's under contract. Can't "Retire", then go where ever he wants afterwards. GB isn't trading him within the NFC unless blown away with compensation. 

While they aren't going to get ridiculous compensation,  they aren't and don't have to give him away for penny's on the dollar even to get rid of the cry baby headache He's become.

GB will set a price, teams will match or they won't.  He can retire but in all honesty will do exactly what he did last year. Come back to the Packers to collect his $50M scratch off ticket!!! 👌

He still has some leverage though because I'd imagine a lot of teams are hesitant to offer the farm when he could just retire if he doesn't want to play there.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:55 AM, Rockice_8 said:

Rodgers has leverage plus who is offering more for a guy contemplating retirement?  What do you think it's going to take to land him?  More than a 1 and 2?  The 1 will likely just be contingent so if he retires in 2024 (which I don't think he will unless he wins a ring) they cover themselves so it drops to a 2 or 3.  The contingency will likely be easy to hit like make playoffs or play 70% of the snaps in 2024. 

Conditional picks that convey before something an event can happen.  They won't deal a '23 pick that's conditional on the '24 season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He still has some leverage though because I'd imagine a lot of teams are hesitant to offer the farm when he could just retire if he doesn't want to play there.

Teams will never trade for a Quarterback that doesn’t wanna play for them. Rodgers decides where he goes outside of an NFC North team. 

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers to the Jets seems like a matter of when, rather than if. Top 5 defense, they just hired Hackett, and they have a talented young group of weapons. They can also afford to part ways with picks because of how many premium picks they've had recently and how well they've drafted. They're the only team that I think he legit elevates into a Super Bowl contender.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Teams will never trade for a Quarterback that doesn’t wanna play for them. Rodgers decides where he goes outside of an NFC North team. 

That's amplified with a guy like Rodgers too who has no issue speaking his mind or playing games with the team. The Jets seem to be the most logical fit, IMO. Just not 100% convinced that he'd want to deal with the NY media.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Why did you cut the rest of my post when I asked if it will take more then a 1 and a 2 to land him?  Come you really think he has no leverage here?  HOU could offer 3 firsts and GB would be thrilled to get that but Rodgers isn't playing there and will retire after one year probably after coasting through the year like you said just to collect his $.  In turn HOU isn't offering up those 3 firsts. 

He has leverage only in the sense that he can threaten to retire rather than show up.  But that threat of leverage only works if he's willing to follow through on that promise.  Using Houston as the argument seems off since it's unlikely that Houston is gong to be the highest bidder.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He has leverage only in the sense that he can threaten to retire rather than show up.  But that threat of leverage only works if he's willing to follow through on that promise.  Using Houston as the argument seems off since it's unlikely that Houston is gong to be the highest bidder.

I'm assuming the Packers will work with him on finding a trade partner he's interested in playing for.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming the Packers will work with him on finding a trade partner he's interested in playing for.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say there's probably going to be a 3-4 team list that Rodgers would accept a trade to.  I'd imagine 1-2 are going to be non-starters for whatever reason, one of which is likely San Francisco.  My guess is the 2-3 other teams would include NY Jets, Las Vegas, and Tennessee.

11 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's not all the leverage in the world but no team is offering up a lot for him unless they know he's committed to playing for them.  That is his leverage right there.  Again it's not like trade me here or else but Roders is going to have a say where he goes.  If you don't believe that than not sure what to tell you.  Unless said team is sure he wants to be there they aren't offering up value and we aren't sure if he has 1 team or 5 teams on his list.  The more teams he'll go to the better for GB to start a bidding war but he has leverage it's crazy to think he doesn't.  

GB has some too in they know he wants to get that last big check before cashing out so they won't just cater to him either.   

I feel like a FRP gets you a seat at the table.  If you're not offering at least a FRP in return, you're probably not going to get a return phone call from Green Bay no matter how hard Aaron Rodgers might want to go there.  From there, it probably depends on how wide a Rodgers' list would be and/or what other teams are offering.  IF Rodgers has a "Team X or bust" mentality, you thank Rodgers for his years with the Packers.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

No trade will ever occur without Rodgers approving it before. However this idea he will PICK said destination and the Packers will have to accept whatever is offered is a pipe dream. 

They will set a price, it will get somewhere in that ball park or Rodgers can retire leaving his 50M salary. Which you , I and every person on the planet knows He of all people won't do!!

Packers have the leverage, not the other way around. Only way he's dealt for peanuts is if that FO is finally fed up with his constant supposed dissatisfaction with being a Packer. Be one or don't,  quit bitching or move TF on mentality. 

Rodgers will be a Packer in 2023.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1