What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Remember last week when people said Rodgers would demand a FRP from the Jets, because he wouldn’t allow the trade for anything less?

I don't think he'll go for anything less than Sauce Gardner, #13, and a 2024 FRP

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

One of the craziest takes I’ve ever heard from any fanbase. It was at that time that I knew this would be a **** show.

We spent a week talking about Rodgers ego. 😂

I don’t know who claims NeptunePenguins, but there was someone who said the NFL should physically force injured players to play lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's a virtual guarantee that another team will be interested if Rodgers is still available in August.

So much schit happens. Injuries, trades, missing out on the draft, legal issues, hold-outs, etc etc.

The "worst-case" for GB involves a cheap 25yr old QB beating out Aaron Rodgers for the starting gig and carrying a silly expensive (but still sunk cost) back-up QB. 

If you were an actual business person, you're 1000x happier carrying excess talent at a sunk cost than you are having NO viable option to compete. 

It feels like about 30% of the people here can see the reality. Maybe it's more and the the other side is just noisier. Hard to tell.

You mean after all these teams draft their new QBs and have sign the Jimmy Gs of the world?  Doubtful.

Even if a random team is like you know what I'll take Rodgers for a year while (insert name here learns behind him).  One you are taking on future dead money when he does retire and two it's not going to be a team going yeah you know what I didn't want him before but now I'll give up a 1st plus because he's still out there in August.

The Jets will be the highest bidder.  Adding another team offering less does nothing to GBs leverage and no team is offering a 1st or more.  Is GB going to take a lesser offer to spite NY, no.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:
35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's a virtual guarantee that another team will be interested if Rodgers is still available in August.

So much schit happens. Injuries, trades, missing out on the draft, legal issues, hold-outs, etc etc.

The "worst-case" for GB involves a cheap 25yr old QB beating out Aaron Rodgers for the starting gig and carrying a silly expensive (but still sunk cost) back-up QB. 

If you were an actual business person, you're 1000x happier carrying excess talent at a sunk cost than you are having NO viable option to compete. 

It feels like about 30% of the people here can see the reality. Maybe it's more and the the other side is just noisier. Hard to tell.

Expand  

You mean after all these teams draft their new QBs and have sign the Jimmy Gs of the world?  Doubtful

It's almost like you intentionally stopped bolding the important part that answers your question lmao

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It's almost like you intentionally stopped bolding the important part that answers your question lmao

It was pointless.  No team is jumping in and offering a 1st when Rodgers wants the Jets so the post is irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It was pointless.  No team is jumping in and offering a 1st when Rodgers wants the Jets so the post is irrelevant. 

He only wants the Jets because they're the only option right now. And he wants to play and get his cool $60milly.

You're absolutely delusional if you think he wouldn't be fine playing for some team other than the New York Jets

Just now, Acgott said:

Rodgers has already done that. Hasn’t he been a pariah for years.

Fan perspective of Rodgers is as complicated as Rodgers himself. I would say there is probably at least 60% of fans that are just sick of him at this point so don't really care what he thinks. This is not a Brett Favre situation at all where the fans are upset about him leaving as a whole. 

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Fan perspective of Rodgers is as complicated as Rodgers himself. I would say there is probably at least 60% of fans that are just sick of him at this point so don't really care what he thinks. This is not a Brett Favre situation at all where the fans are upset about him leaving as a whole. 

That’s what i thought. GB can take their time, Rodgers won’t show up for OTA or training camp and they’ll make sure they get their offer. The longer it takes, the more it hurts the Jets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He only wants the Jets because they're the only option right now. And he wants to play and get his cool $60milly.

You're absolutely delusional if you think he wouldn't be fine playing for some team other than the New York Jets

They are the only option and will be the only option.  Again the Jets won't be outbid for his services so it doesn't matter who jumps in they will up their offer if needed (but it won't).  That facts are that since no team was involved for him to start (never believed LV was really in).  A team jumping in in the 11th hour is now all of a sudden going to go all in for Rodgers and offer a 1st plus?

I'm the delusional one?

Edited by Rockice_8

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They are the only option and will be the only option.  Again the Jets won't be outbid for his services so it doesn't matter who jumps in they will up their offer if needed (but it won't).  That facts are that since no team was involved for him to start (never believed LV was really in).  A team jumping in in the 11th hour is now all of a sudden going to go all in for Rodgers and offer a 1st plus?

I'm the delusional one?

The Jets want to wrap this up earlier. Dragging it out hurts the team. Packers don’t have that same time limit. Desperate teams do desperate things.

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm the delusional one?

I think it would most likely take an injury or really unexpected play out of a QB of a contender but it could very well happen. We have seen contenders lose a player to have to pay a premium during or right before the season to stay afloat. Doesn't mean its going to happen but its not necessarily out of the realm of possibility either.

I don't think your delusional but I do think your looking at this from only one point of view. The Jets need Rodgers a hell of a lot more then the Packers need a 3rd round pick. Gutes future will be entirely dictated by Jordan Love. The Rodgers situation simply doesn't matter to the Packers that much outside of ensuring they get value for taking on his contract to play for another team and most likely play like a top 10 QB. The front office of the Packers will only go as far as Love will take them and a 3rd round pick or below isn't going to really move that needle for Gute or the front office. 

Edited by Spartacus