What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

11 minutes ago, umphrey said:

At this point I just want to see the jets play 2023 with Zach Wilson while also saying the packers are stupid and they have all the leverage 

There will be QBs available in August that the Jets could start that will yield better results than Zach Wilson 

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

A fair question, no?

14 hours ago, N4L said:

I think it's weird that the Packers and jets didn't sort out compensation before the jets sat down with Rodgers. 

The teams should have agreed on a trade, then Rodgers signs off, and the deal happens. 

Doing it this way was foolish by Rodgers team and the jets. It definitely gave the Packers more leverage than they would have otherwise had. 

With that being said, the jets definitely should hold firm on whatever they have offered. Once the draft passes, the compensation the Packers will receive diminishes. There are no other suitors. The deal will happen. Rodgers knows the offense and can easily get together with their WRs and TEs whenever he wants. 

So, it's a game of chicken to a degree, but both teams should be motivated to do this deal before the draft. 

Fry Not Sure GIF - Fry Not Sure Serious - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

There will be QBs available in August that the Jets could start that will yield better results than Zach Wilson 

I read this as more of an insult to Zach Wilson than anything

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

And Farve went for a conditional 3rd in the same scenario.  Ryan wasn't viewed as a corpse until this year.  He was just shy of 4k yards his last year in ATL.  He wasn't a corpse.  He was a 1-year rental like Rodgers.  Their stats from the year before their trade aren't drastically different.  Yes Rodgers has the career rep far above Ryan but it's that worth that much more than the 3rd Ryan went for?  We're paying for past accolades against ourselves?

Favre was also half in the retirement grave at that point, and was NOWHERE near Rodgers' productivity in the years leading up to the trade.  Remind me how many MVPs Favre had in his final 3 seasons in Green Bay?  And if you want to look at pure bulks stats, sure Matt Ryan was productive.  We'll just ignore that Ryan had ~100 more passing attempts per season than Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Favre was also half in the retirement grave at that point, and was NOWHERE near Rodgers' productivity in the years leading up to the trade.  Remind me how many MVPs Favre had in his final 3 seasons in Green Bay?  And if you want to look at pure bulks stats, sure Matt Ryan was productive.  We'll just ignore that Ryan had ~100 more passing attempts per season than Rodgers.

Isn't Rodgers also in the retirement bag? Didn't he say he was 90% sure he was going to retire like two weeks ago? He's only playing one or two more seasons. He certainly played last season like he was no longer invested either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Isn't Rodgers also in the retirement bag? Didn't he say he was 90% sure he was going to retire like two weeks ago? He's only playing one or two more seasons. He certainly played last season like he was no longer invested either.

Does anyone really believe that Rodgers would retire in the same class as Tom Brady?