What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And what someone is willing to sell for.

You're missing half of it...

Market price is determined by supply and demand. What your referring to is just a “price”

I’d love to see another team get involved here to make things interesting. But it’s highly unlikely 

Edited by GangGreen420

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And what someone is willing to sell for.

You're missing half of it...

If only that was the way things worked. 

If you are in a pinch and need to sell your house and you think it's worth 500k but you list it on the market and everyone has an opportunity to bid on it and you only get 1 offer and it's 400k then the market price is effectively 400k.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

If you are in a pinch and need to sell your house and you think it's worth 500k but you list it on the market and everyone has an opportunity to bid on it and you only get 1 offer and it's 400k then the market price is effectively 400k.

Nope, the market price is what other houses of similar characteristics sold for prior, but please do continue to educate us non-economic understanding folk.

Because if a house in a similar situation sold for 475k, I'd have reasonable cause to come back to you and say, take a hike.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Not really in this case, unless again another team enters the market or Green Bay is willing to keep him.

"Market price" is an economic term that literally means price of agreed upon goods/services. It is not being used as an informal term for "best offer".

It's not really applicable to NFL players. There isn't an "Aaron Rodgers market" where you can buy and sell shares in Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I suggest just sitting this one out and brushing up on some basic econ concepts :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Nope, the market price is what other houses of similar characteristics sold for prior, but please do continue to educate us non-economic understanding folk.

Because if a house in a similar situation sold for 475k, I'd have reasonable cause to come back to you and say, take a hike.

Obviously the realtor is going to bring up comps but no two circumstances/houses are identical. 

Not to mention I specifically started the comment with "If you are in a pinch and need to sell". If you need to sell and you have 1 buyer who's at 400k you're going to tell them to take a hike?

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

Obviously the realtor is going to bring up comps but no two circumstances/houses are identical. 

Not to mention I specifically started the comment with "If you are in a pinch and need to sell". If you need to sell and you have 1 buyer who's at 400k you're going to tell them to take a hike?

Nope, you take it, but you're really pouty about it because it's terrible value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Market price" is an economic term that literally means price of agreed upon goods/services. It is not being used as an informal term for "best offer".

It's not really applicable to NFL players. There isn't an "Aaron Rodgers market" where you can buy and sell shares in Rodgers.

Correct, but there is really no way to accurately apply it in this situation. In even the sense of previous trades to use as a “market”

The point is, until another buyer comes along, the price is what the Jets are willing to pay unless Green Bay wants to keep him. This will drag out until payment time is about to happen.

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

If I have 5 months until my deadline? Absolutely!

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nope, you take it, but you're really pouty about it because it's terrible value.

Exactly. But the other fundamental difference here is that we really don't have any comps to this situation. In this particular situation the seller (Green Bay) can obviously set a baseline but market value is going to be determined by the buyer 10/10 times because they can't keep Rodgers. If Rodgers is interested in another team and that team is willing to pay more than the Jets that effectively becomes his market value and the Jets will be forced to beat it. But until we see that happen the market price legitimately is whatever the Jets are willing to pay because there are no other buyers at this very second, at least that we know of.