What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

On 2/4/2023 at 10:27 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Are we assuming Jacobs leaves LV, Hall returns from the ACL just as good? That's about the only spot where they'd have an advantage if it occurred.  It's not TE, not WR. 

Or are we specifically talking about Aaron's knowledge of Hacketts offense over Josh McDaniels being an idiot? That I can buy.

The Raiders are likely going to tag him but do you think Breece Hall is a first team All-Pro level player? Jacobs just led the league in rushing yards and yards from scrimmage. 

Assuming Darren Waller is healthy he's better than anything they have at TE. Adams is clearly better than anything they have at WR and Renfrow was just a 100+ catch / 1,000+ yard WR a year ago. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders are likely going to tag him but do you think Breece Hall is a first team All-Pro level player? Jacobs just led the league in rushing yards and yards from scrimmage. 

You misinterpreted my post. It was if Jacobs left vis FA, Hall came back healthy that might be theJets only advantage on offense. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So you'd prefer Jimmy G in free agency?

Not a preference but I am not against it. I'm also not against drafting a kid, trading up for a kid and developing a rookie again. I'm also not against a guy like Tannehill should he come available. This team is not the Rams or Bucs who were a Stafford or Brady away. Those were veteran rosters with Elite offensive and defensive minds leading them. We still have work and growth needed with the guys on the roster as well as with our coaching staff. I also think Wilson can be better once he gets through his mental block but we cannot count on that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not a preference but I am not against it. I'm also not against drafting a kid, trading up for a kid and developing a rookie again. I'm also not against a guy like Tannehill should he come available. This team is not the Rams or Bucs who were a Stafford or Brady away. Those were veteran rosters with Elite offensive and defensive minds leading them. We still have work and growth needed with the guys on the roster as well as with our coaching staff. I also think Wilson can be better once he gets through his mental block but we cannot count on that. 

Drafting another QB early seems out of question from an outside perspective. If Douglas misses on another highly drafted QB it would probably be the end of his career. Carr, Tannehill, and Jimmy G would all make sense if you miss on Rodgers.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:40 PM, General Tso said:

Rodgers has now lost 2 straight home "playoff" games where he has failed to produce 20 points. Yea I'm betting on the decline here.

Hey man, do you want a wildcard round loss with Rodgers or don't you!!! lol

I think the only way I'd be comfortable is if the majority (or all) of the draft compensation are conditional picks. We'd need to preserve our assets to try and make a run next season but if Rodgers balls I wouldn't have any issue giving the Packers premium picks. I think that'd work pretty well in their favor as well because they'd have the capital to move up for a QB next year if they're not comfortable moving forward with Love.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Drafting another QB early seems out of question from an outside perspective. If Douglas misses on another highly drafted QB it would probably be the end of his career. Carr, Tannehill, and Jimmy G would all make sense if you miss on Rodgers.

That’s part of what I mean by staying the course. Douglas has shown he can team build. The QB is the only thing where you’re having some doubt but I think with quality offensive coaching Zach’s fine. Take another young guy and correct some mistakes you made, ease the transition, build the right playbook and he might work out quicker than Zach might. But that’s just me.