What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure how the Jets make the most sense. Their offensive line is terrible, they don’t have much proven talent at WR outside of Wilson, and Hall is coming off of a torn ACL. He just struggled with a young group of weapons this year. He’s going to sign up to do it again behind a worse OL with a worse offensive staff?

The offensive line was fine before they got completely crushed by injuries.  Hall was one of the best backs in football through 7 weeks.  They lost him and AVT like snaps apart and that's when things went south.  They had 3 guys off the street by years end.  They likely will be using #13 on OL too.  If Becton gets right it gets good really fast just like that.  Since his college career was mostly injury free and his weight is in check hoping its just bad luck the last two years.   

Jets weapons are plenty good with veteran TEs and Wilson.  Moore was a breakout candidate until Zach stopped throwing to him, nobody is down on Moore's talent.  Dismissing him as not proven seems like a stretch.  He's a very solid WR and if they move on from Davis I'm sure they'll look to add a vet to fill his shoes.  Give Moore 128 targets like Renfrow got 2 years ago and he'll crack 1k too.  He was force fed targets because Waller missed time and Ruggs went to jail.  Waller is going to be 31 next year coming off 9 and 11 games is he the same player he was 3 years ago?  We all know how great Adams is but Wilson just had a great year with the poo poo platter of QBs.  He could be Adams lite if he played with a Prime Rodgers.

Can't argue that NYJ skill players are better because they aren't but you are underselling them.  They are veery competent as a whole and have guys on the verge of being superstars if they got to play with a QB talent liker Rodgers.  You conveniently left out the defensive side of the ball which is half the game.  One team has a top 5 D the other has a bottom 5 D and has for years.  I also don't think your OL is as good as you make it out to be either outside of LT.  If you are going to suggest that you could fix the defense with cap space and picks then why haven't you done that this past decade for Carr?  Sounds easier said than done.  I guess the Jets can fix their OL then.

I really don't see how LV is a better landing spot for Rodgers to win immediately.  Pretty sure you're in the minority if you believe that.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

The offensive line was fine before they got completely crushed by injuries.  Hall was one of the best backs in football through 7 weeks.  They lost him and AVT like snaps apart and that's when things went south.  They had 3 guys off the street by years end.  They likely will be using #13 on OL too.  If Becton gets right it gets good really fast just like that.  Since his college career was mostly injury free and his weight is in check hoping its just bad luck the last two years.   

Jets weapons are plenty good with veteran TEs and Wilson.  Moore was a breakout candidate until Zach stopped throwing to him, nobody is down on Moore's talent.  Dismissing him as not proven seems like a stretch.  He's a very solid WR and if they move on from Davis I'm sure they'll look to add a vet to fill his shoes.  Give Moore 128 targets like Renfrow got 2 years ago and he'll crack 1k too.  He was force fed targets because Waller missed time and Ruggs went to jail.  Waller is going to be 31 next year coming off 9 and 11 games is he the same player he was 3 years ago?  We all know how great Adams is but Wilson just had a great year with the poo poo platter of QBs.  He could be Adams lite if he played with a Prime Rodgers.

Can't argue that NYJ skill players are better because they aren't but you are underselling them.  They are veery competent as a whole and have guys on the verge of being superstars if they got to play with a QB talent liker Rodgers.  You conveniently left out the defensive side of the ball which is half the game.  One team has a top 5 D the other has a bottom 5 D and has for years.  I also don't think your OL is as good as you make it out to be either outside of LT.  If you are going to suggest that you could fix the defense with cap space and picks then why haven't you done that this past decade for Carr?  Sounds easier said than done.  I guess the Jets can fix their OL then.

I really don't see how LV is a better landing spot for Rodgers to win immediately.  Pretty sure you're in the minority if you believe that.

Nah man get it right….the jets are horrible with no talent but the Raiders on the other hand have all pros everywhere 😂😂😂

I’m not saying we are favourites to get him or that we could be a sb contender with him but Jesus some of the takes from some posters would think we were dog ****.

Our o-line was decimated with all the injuries. Get Becton, AVT and Mitchell back and we aren’t all that bad. 

• Like 1

Jets and Raiders OL will be significantly better with just Rodgers at QB considering he's one of the best in the league at play recognition and changing OL blocking at LOS. There's a reason Packers have had a top OL for years without investing much into the group. 

If Rodgers wants to win another MVP and tie Manning for most all time, he goes to Vegas. They have the best receiving corps in the league if Waller is healthy(big if) and an all pro RB. 

If Rodgers wants another Super Bowl, Jets are the better option. They have a top 5 D with plenty of weapons on offense. 

Both situations are better than the one he'd be in with the Packers next season. 

21 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Nah man get it right….the jets are horrible with no talent but the Raiders on the other hand have all pros everywhere 😂😂😂

I’m not saying we are favourites to get him or that we could be a sb contender with him but Jesus some of the takes from some posters would think we were dog ****.

Our o-line was decimated with all the injuries. Get Becton, AVT and Mitchell back and we aren’t all that bad. 

Not even remotely close to what I actually said.

Report: Packers are “disgusted with” Aaron Rodgers, they’re “done with him”

When Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers becomes the Prince of (Four Days of) Darkness, there’s apparently one less decision for him to make.

Bob McGinn, who has covered the Packers for decades, said in a podcast with Tyler Dunne of GoLongTD.com that the team is ready to move on from Rodgers.

“They are done with Rodgers,” McGinn said, citing his own instincts, his knowledge of the league, and “discussions with someone who [has] first-hand knowledge” of the Packers. “He’s not coming back. I mean, they’re disgusted with him, and they’re done with him. And they’re moving on.”

McGinn added that he’s “totally convinced” Rodgers won’t be back as the starter.

Boosting the belief that Rodgers will be gone, as McGinn explained it, is that the team fully believes in Jordan Love, and that the team is ready to turn the page after trading up and making Love a first-round pick in 2020.

McGinn predicts that, if Rodgers does insist on returning, he’ll be the backup to Love.

And it’s not just one person. McGinn said the entire power structure is done with Rodgers: CEO Mark Murphy, G.M. Brian Gutekunst, and coach Matt LaFleur. They think he’s not working hard anymore. They think he showed up for 2022  not in the best possible shape, and that he blew off the offseason program.

It’s a strong statement, and a compelling take. It also sets the stage for an awkward parting, with a trade inevitable — if McGinn’s report is accurate.

The situation should make it harder for the Packers to dictate terms. They reportedly want to send him to an AFC team, like they did with Brett Favre 15 years ago. Ultimately, they may have to trade him to the one team he’d want to play for, even if it’s an NFC team.

However it goes, it could indeed be that Rodgers is going. Last year, he considered walking away and decided to stay. This year, the Packers are ready to tell him to get gone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Packers now have back-to-back HOF QBs in Favre and Rodgers leaving on crappy terms. 

Doubtful, they are definitely going to run it back with Rodgers. Their GM is a coward. 

Edited by malak1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Calling someone a coward for something that might happen (but then doesn't) is pretty cowardly behavior.

He already paid Rodgers. There's no "might" about it. That's why I called him a coward. Him running it back would just be another example of his cowardice.

You don't phase me as much as you try, and I don't care what you think about cowardly behavior, especially since you agree with me that Rodgers should've been traded.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Liar. 

You called him a coward because they might run it back in 2023.

There was no conditional in my statement. There was no "if they run it back, then their GM is a coward." 

Again, you agree with me, its ok to admit it.