Super Bowl XXXII: The Revenge Tour

7DnBrnc53

24 minutes ago, copeland said:

I remember watching Craig Morton and the Broncos losing to the Cowboys in the super bowl. I was crushed (no pun intended). I also remember the hope, and subsequent fear of Elways rookie year. Lining up under the guard, the play clock struggle, and at times thinking all we signed was a running back that could bounce the ball off of players chests at QB. The following 15-16 years were comfy because you knew we wouldn’t be bad. The question was how good. By the time that 1997 team made it to the Super Bowl, I knew it was over before the game was played. Those were fun times. TD, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, the O line, and even the defense. You’d be hard pressed to find a more complete team, from players to coaches. Fun times 

I can't forget that year. I missed the entire season except the SB. Some buddies of mine and I took a few months and bummed around Southern Mexico and Central America. Sometime in December I found a USA today and was absolutely shocked the Bronco's were in the playoffs. Cut short my plans a bit and got back a few days before the SB.

The SB loss bummed me out a bit but mostly I regretted not seeing anything of the season and our very first playoff run. Who'd a thought?