Week 12: Jets v. Panthers

Dr.O

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Great move by him to get to Cam but at that point you hit the brakes.

It was a tough loss no question. But from what I saw today was how lousy a passer Cam Newton really is. Sure he has a strong arm, but the guy has absolutely no touch on his passes. Without a doubt McCown, out play him all day long. We played well on both sides of the ball today, but they still scored 35 points. On the bright side Anderson, had another big day,  he looks like he is our OBJ. Anderson has good hands and great speed.  

18 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah but still team>individual achievements in my opinion.

Sure but he's basically the offense at this point. An undrafted free agent, self made and deserving of praise. He's played well and he kept us in the game. I'm perfectly ok with him asking for votes. 

19 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

The announcers are wack for giving him crap for that. He's played well. 

I hate those Fox Announcers. It's like having permanent away commentary. Robby was super hyped after a day of great catches and the dude has the gall to say he should be quiet. GTFO. Pride is all these guys are playing for right now.

Yeah, it was another tough one to lose. We keep playing well against tough opponents and come away with nothing to show for it. It's frustrating. ASJ HAS to catch that ball on the opening drive. Changes the entire complexion of the game. ASJ also got jobbed again by the refs, which is ridiculous. And McCown HAS to make a better decision than the one that led to Kuechly's TD.

That said, change the outcome even a little bit of those three plays and we probably escape with the win. It seems most of our losses this year can be traced back to 2-3 bad plays/bad luck/bad calls against. 

I still like the direction of this team right now. I feel we are taking baby steps to significant improvement.

1 hour ago, Colt45fool said:

Sure but he's basically the offense at this point. An undrafted free agent, self made and deserving of praise. He's played well and he kept us in the game. I'm perfectly ok with him asking for votes. 

Agree to disagree. He’s not even pro bowl worthy at this point even if he’s been our “offense”

just bad timing, i wish he would have said “let’s go team, we got this”

From a Costello article:

The loss to the Panthers continued a trend for Todd Bowles’ Jets — they can’t beat good teams. Look at the three years Bowles has been here. He has won 19 games. Of those, two teams finished with winning records, and two teams they beat this year currently have winning records.

Go through the Jets’ wins under Bowles and try to identify the signature win. The Patriots in Week 16 in 2015 is the closest thing he has to one, and New England was beaten up that day, with Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung all sidelined with injuries.

Weve only beaten 2 teams with a winning record through two, possibly three seasons? That’s.. depressing

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

From a Costello article:

The loss to the Panthers continued a trend for Todd Bowles’ Jets — they can’t beat good teams. Look at the three years Bowles has been here. He has won 19 games. Of those, two teams finished with winning records, and two teams they beat this year currently have winning records.

Go through the Jets’ wins under Bowles and try to identify the signature win. The Patriots in Week 16 in 2015 is the closest thing he has to one, and New England was beaten up that day, with Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung all sidelined with injuries.

Weve only beaten 2 teams with a winning record through two, possibly three seasons? That’s.. depressing

He really does need to go. He just doesn't have a clue. He got his shot in 3 years and showed no improvement. It's time to move on. This team needs an offensive minded HC finally.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, Colt45fool said:

The direction the team and locker room are headed we don't need this.  And honestly he's only a big play guy, he doesn't necessarily create them himself just uses his speed or maybe it's a broken down play and McCown sends him deep.  He's not converting clutch 3rd downs over the middle or taking a slant and racking up YAC.  He's turning on his burners and is a one trick pony.  Granted I love him but he's gotta realize his place.

Archived