Which teams are farthest away from contention?

notthatbluestuff

45 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

How so? It was bills ravens titans and chiefs before them at the least 

Senior moment.  Kept misreading the time frame.  Sorry. 

To me, Cinci has been interesting because they consistently and grossly outperform their day-to-day numbers:  at the end of 2020:14th, 2021:14th, 2022:12th in PFF aggregates (roughly, "talent", on paper);  2020:30th, 2021:17th; 2022:5th in DVOA (roughly, on the field).  This is probably why no one saw them coming before 2021 and why some do continue to underestimate them.  They're a big play offense that doesn't do the bread-and-butter, "2 yards and a cloud of dust" stuff particularly well.

Ever wonder how far Air Coryell could have gone with a respectable/average defense?  Meet the Bengals.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Let's talk about the Rams. 

They mortgaged their future for a short window. Stafford probably isn't going anywhere for awhile, but he's going to keep battling injuries with an aging and worsening cast around him.

They'd definitely be near the top of my list of teams I'd bet real money on to not compete for a SB in the near future.

And I'll simply note that the core from the team that won the Super Bowl literally last year is still there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I have to agree. People were crucifying Cincinnati for not taking Penei Sewell, nobody knew how Joe Burrow would look coming back from his ACL, JaMarr Chase hadn’t played football for a year…

Y2 of Joe Burrow, absolutely nobody had them as a prohibitive favorite in the AFC - and if someone claims they did, I’ll need receipts.

Even the most optimist Bengals fans, myself included, thought we were a year away.  I was legit stoked we broke through and beat the raiders in the WC, but I wasn't confident going into KC.  At the beginning of the season, I thought we'd be way better with the defensive free agents, and was hopeful they'd have a crack at a wild card spot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Cleveland even if Leshaun balls out we could lose 6 games in are division plus have the Nfc west sweep us that is 10 loses.

That means a new regime Leshaun traded 

Myles traded

Chubb traded pictures that team.

Who's trading for watson, the guaranteed money and the guaranteed drama surrounding him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Well when you consider that 3rookie qbs are going to stink up the NFL next year.

How about the jets?

Maybe 5%.  But the whole group of owners were pi$$ed about that contract, so I could see a collusion level embargo on not trading for him.

He's yours.  It may work out.  You've already took the most intense heat over it, might as well see what happens.