Better TE Travis Kelce or Prime Antonio Gates

mdonnelly21

49 members have voted

1. 1. Better TE

• Prime Antonio Gates
    • Travis Kelce

Gates baby. Would back that dump truck in the end zone. I know in going to get hate for this but I just don’t like the routes that Kelce runs. They look so ugly and most of the time they aren’t routes it’s him getting free and mahomes being great. Maybe Kelce does well in other teams! Maybe. I just know that gates would have been great anywhere he went. Kelce routes are just hideous to watch if you’re into route running. essentially pick up football. He’s a first ballot HOF and one of the greats. Both can beat their man’s and both are great athletes. Kelces YAC makes him slightly better in overall terms. But i love me some gates. kellen Winslow, Gronk and Gates are the best TEs I’ve ever seen. Gates jump ball in the red zone highlight reels live rent free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Gates baby. Would back that dump truck in the end zone. I know in going to get hate for this but I just don’t like the routes that Kelce runs. They look so ugly and most of the time they aren’t routes it’s him getting free and mahomes being great. Maybe Kelce does well in other teams! Maybe. I just know that gates would have been great anywhere he went. Kelce routes are just hideous to watch if you’re into route running. essentially pick up football. He’s a first ballot HOF and one of the greats. Both can beat their man’s and both are great athletes. Kelces YAC makes him slightly better in overall terms. But i love me some gates. kellen Winslow, Gronk and Gates are the best TEs I’ve ever seen. Gates jump ball in the red zone highlight reels live rent free. 

I think they are very close. The poll suggests they are dead even. 

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Kelce had as many 1000 yard seasons in 4 years with Alex Smith as Gates did in his entire 16 year career. Kelce would be just fine anywhere.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Kelce had as many 1000 yard seasons in 4 years with Alex Smith as Gates did in his entire 16 year career. Kelce would be just fine anywhere.

Alex was a massive dink and dunker though. You’re right there but man was he a pump and dump machine. 

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Something about Tony G that still would have me take him over Kelce, Gronk, and Gates.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I will say that I would have loved to have seen Tony G in his prime with some of the dudes that those guys had distributing the football, and by comparison, the amount of targets he would have seen more of in a more modernized offense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kelce’s in the GOAT TE debate, so him. 

Gates with the ball in the air, though.

Is Kelce that much better than Kittle? Realistically? Whatever Kelce can do can Kittle not do it? I’ve never understood when people say things like these. And im

asking not stating. Because for me Kittle is neck and neck with him in everything and he’s a much better blocker.. Again, gates was a great blocker as well.. in what way is Kelce better. 

Is Kelce that much better than Kittle? Realistically? Whatever Kelce can do can Kittle not do it? I’ve never understood when people say things like these. And im

asking not stating. Because for me Kittle is neck and neck with him in everything and he’s a much better blocker.. Again, gates was a great blocker as well.. in what way is Kelce better. 

Not being injured - Kittle is a stud talent but you got get on the field for that reason Kelce is way ahead of him.

The same reason Gale Sayers and Terrell Davis aren't considered top 5 RBs ever.

The same reason Sterling Sharpe and Julio Jones aren't considered top 5 WRs ever.

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Stay on the field, for starters. That’s big here, and the biggest edge he has on Gronk in the all-time discussion, IMO.

But for the record, I don’t necessarily believe Kelce’s “much better” than Kittle, but Kelce’s been healthier and far more productive. Kittle’s never been healthy in a high volume passing attack led by a GOAT QB, but at the end of the day, you give credit where it’s earned. Kelce’s got the resume. But if you told me Kittle and Kelce were in their primes and would both stay healthy, then I don’t think you go wrong either way. Kittle’s more physical and is a better blocker, I think Kelce’s a bit more savvy as a receiver. It’s win-win though. 

Gates is another story. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...