Dolphins hire Vic Fangio as DC

RaidersAreOne

Bad to the bone, best DC out there.  I am surprised he would come back for just a DC job but again he is easily the best one available and has tons of talent to work with.  Great talent on the DL, two star edge rushers, star defensive backs, if they can get a decent slot corner and another ILB in the draft they could be very solid.  

15 minutes ago, kramxel said:

If you're gonna hire the copycats, might as well get the original.

copycat?  Well I will tell you this much, Vic Fangio is way the hell better than freaking Ed Donatell!

With Vic his last three stops the 49ers, Bears and Broncos all of those defenses were outstanding and played elite level defense.  The dude can coach defense!

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Bad to the bone, best DC out there.  I am surprised he would come back for just a DC job but again he is easily the best one available and has tons of talent to work with.  Great talent on the DL, two star edge rushers, star defensive backs, if they can get a decent slot corner and another ILB in the draft they could be very solid.  

copycat?  Well I will tell you this much, Vic Fangio is way the hell better than freaking Ed Donatell!

With Vic his last three stops the 49ers, Bears and Broncos all of those defenses were outstanding and played elite level defense.  The dude can coach defense!

Which was exactly my point.

If you're looking for the kind of modern quarters defense, that everyone and their mother's is running nowadays, might as well get the guy who created that trend... Fangio.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

3-4 defense for Miami? 

Didn't they already run a 3/4 this past season?  If this this lineup is not a 3/4 lineup then what is?  Just need to fill one of those ILB spots and they are set for players honestly.  

DE Wilkins
NT R. Davis / J. Jenkins
DE Sieler / Twyman
OLB Phillips / Ogbah
ILB Baker
ILB Riley / Tindall
OLB Chubb

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

3-4 defense for Miami? 

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Didn't they already run a 3/4 this past season?  If this this lineup is not a 3/4 lineup then what is?  Just need to fill one of those ILB spots and they are set for players honestly.  

DE Wilkins
NT R. Davis / J. Jenkins
DE Sieler / Twyman
OLB Phillips / Ogbah
ILB Baker
ILB Riley / Tindall
OLB Chubb

we were using a 4-3/3-4 hybrid last season too