Dolphins hire Vic Fangio as DC

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

we were using a 4-3/3-4 hybrid last season too

Sure but looking at who is on the roster, that is a freaking 3/4 defense.  Yes Phillips or Chubb can be the DE in that front then they had what Baker, Van Ginkel and Roberts as the other backers.

Isn't Ingram, Van Ginkel, Roberts and Flowers all free agents?  So that 3/4 depth they will have to improve, do have Goode who has potential but need to find more depth edge guys and another ILB in the draft most likely.  Maybe Tindall can be a ILB type.

Still they find a legit slot corner in the draft and a ILB they could be set, right now I have them getting Forbes 2nd round and Drake Thomas 3rd round.  

The main guy i wanted for atlanta as our DC but i imagine he preferred a more ready built team we probably didn't really have a shot at him. 

If we can still pull in Gray from GB to pair with Nielson thats still a solid combo but not on par with Fangio or Flores to me as options.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

we were using a 4-3/3-4 hybrid last season too

They were already using a 3-4 base, though.

But yeah, fantastic hire. Should be able to get a lot out of the talent they have. Scary to think what this team could do with a top 10 defense and healthy Tua next year. 😲

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

They were already using a 3-4 base, though.

But yeah, fantastic hire. Should be able to get a lot out of the talent they have. Scary to think what this team could do with a top 10 defense and healthy Tua next year. 😲

Technically? We were basically never in base defense... was far more common to have 4 linemen actually