The Niners have a great future regardless

Championshiporbust

1 hour ago, Championshiporbust said:

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch have a long window of Super Bowl contention.

If they don't win this year, they have Purdy, Lance, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Matt Ryan 

Brady, Rodgers and Ryan can win in SF............

Uhh what?

Matt Ryan couldn’t produce in the pro bowl at this rate. 

• Like 6

Their future depends on the QB position. Of course they will always be in contention with the roster they have and Kyle calling the offense. We will see what losing Ryans will do to the defense. But Saleh had a great defense with the Niners then he left and Ryan replaced him and the defense didnt miss a beat. It will just come down to the QB. As the Niners advance further in the playoffs they will face greater QBs. Hurts was the MVP fav before he got hurt. Last season Stafford was playing great in the playoffs and is a top 5 talent at the QB position. In the Superbowl the Niners faced Mahomes who is the best QB in the NFL currently. So when the Niners face those QBs and they have Jimmy G, Purdy, and Josh Johnson at QB thats a huge and I mean HUGE mismatch. They dont need a Mahomes type QB they just need a Stafford heck even a Goff type QB. Goff is a top 12-15 QB that can play like a top 10 QB and has top 10 talent at the QB position. Nobody is looking at Jimmy G or Purdy thinking the same. We will see what Lance develops into but if the Niners are going to roll with Purdy and Lance next season then their future will continue to end the same way. Thats losing either in the NFCCG or MAYBE getting to a Superbowl a losing to the team with a superior QB and a great offensive mind at coach.

I think Purdy's future is as a solid backup.  

I dont think Brady or Rodgers end up in SF.  And if they do, I dont think it goes the way they might hope.

Trey Lance is the QB in 2023.   You cant give up what the 49ers gave up for Lance and not give him his chance.   They should have a decent vet QB on standby.   Not sure theyll get one better than say...Jacoby Brissett, though.

• Like 1

Theyve had Bosa cheap and relatively cheap QBs.

Bosa will be paid soon, and at that point the QB position will have to pick up some slack. Williams is old.

The entire team is continually injury prone which considering CMCs history, should be a major concern moving forward.

They have a window - but it depends on QB play which is a pretty big unknown, and health which has been an issue for most seasons under Lynch and Shanahan.

15 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Bosa will be paid soon, and at that point the QB position will have to pick up some slack. Williams is old.

The entire team is continually injury prone which considering CMCs history, should be a major concern moving forward.

They have a window - but it depends on QB play which is a pretty big unknown, and health which has been an issue for most seasons under Lynch and Shanahan.

I'd say that in an ideal world, they have three years left on their current window 

• Like 1

Lynch/Peters are good at getting top tier talent, Shanny is good at getting top tier coaches. 

Lot of good players, lot of picks in the draft. We're good at getting quality players late in the draft or even UDFA

Shanny has many connections and we'll replace Ryans, just like we replaced Saleh

Have to solve the QB situation. Thats the main thing holding us back from winning it all. Purdy likely profiles as a high end backup/fringe starter.

Brady would be a good signing as he probably has as much in the tank as Rodgers does but costs no picks

20 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I wouldn’t use McCafeey heavily until post season or big games

1 minute ago, Trey Lance said:

Would rather roll with Purdy/Lance than Brady and Rodgers. 

Would be heartbroken if we signed Ryan

Ryan only as a back up if they let lance go

but I don’t see them getting rid of either of their young qb with their qb luck

would roll with purdy because of his rookie deal would allow to keep team together and just keep lance as a back up