CW21's Green Bay Packers Mock Offseason v2023.01

CWood21

I'm not in line with the trade return. I use the Rich Hill chart. We get a 198 point return on that chart, with little more than the 30th pick. I'd expect a minimum return of 300 points. 

Of course, value of future picks is in the eye of the beholder. I resign to valuing them as the middle pick of the next round.

Edit: agree on keeping Jones, extending Clark, and I agree that a Rd 1 WR may be the move this year. Good choice with the WR too, although I think it's a little early. I'd trade back for him.

Edited by Sandy

10 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Good choice with the WR too, although I think it's a little early. I'd trade back for him.

It would be nice, but if we're convinced that last year wasn't an anomaly with regards to how quickly WRs go off the board then there's probably a strong chance that if they move down they run the risk of none of the top WRs being available.  Are you willing to gamble on that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If you want to keep #15, than I think you'd need to take substantially less in terms of future picks.  Think something that's probably more like a 2024 3rd round pick.

Why would we want future picks in the 20s-30s vs 13 right now?? Just take 13, a mid round pick and a flyer on Mims.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why would we want future picks in the 20s-30s vs 13 right now?? Just take 13, a mid round pick and a flyer on Mims.

I mean two potentially top 64 picks vs one top 13 pick is a legitimate discussion.  And it probably depends on what you think of this year's draft.  Plus, the other team needs incentive to do the trade.  I just don't see a team handing over a top 14 pick for Rodgers.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean two potentially top 64 picks vs one top 13 pick is a legitimate discussion.  And it probably depends on what you think of this year's draft.  Plus, the other team needs incentive to do the trade.  I just don't see a team handing over a top 14 pick for Rodgers.

Stop thinking like a fan and think like someone who has millions to profit from this. Why do I want Peter Skoronski as a Jet when I can have Aaron Freaking Rodgers???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Stop thinking like a fan and think like someone who has millions to profit from this. Why do I want Peter Skoronski as a Jet when I can have Aaron Freaking Rodgers???

By that logic, the Jets should hand over all of their tradeable picks.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Now you're getting it!

We do honestly forget that some owners absolutely think like this.

It's a factor, but it's not a driving factor.  Plus, it's not usually the owners doing the negotiation.  It's the GMs.  Owners usually only get involved when you're taking on substantial money and/or dealing future picks.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's a factor, but it's not a driving factor.  Plus, it's not usually the owners doing the negotiation.  It's the GMs.  Owners usually only get involved when you're taking on substantial money and/or dealing future picks.

I think I agree. It's just there but as fans we never ever think about how much money a team might make bc we would never care. That's all i was getting at.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Because AR is gonna be 40 years old and his best days are behind him.  I would kinda hope we get a higher pick than that if we trade 12.  Why do all that to move up just 2 draft positions?  

I could live with JSN at 15.  I thought if they got 13 from the Jets, you could go with a combination of JSN/Addison at 13 and Mayer at 15 to really set up Love for years.

BTW, not sure if it was mentioned, but Pete Skoronski is the grandson of former Packer Bob Skoronski from the Lombardi era.

37 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I could live with JSN at 15.  I thought if they got 13 from the Jets, you could go with a combination of JSN/Addison at 13 and Mayer at 15 to really set up Love for years.

I like the idea of double dipping on pass catchers if we wind up with #13 and #15.  For Love to have the best chance at success we need to get some weapons around him.  Our TE room needs a major boost.  We also could use one more starting caliber WR.  So much draft capital has been spent on defense that it seems the time is right to give the offense major shot in the arm. I could deal with a pass catcher and an OT of it came down to that. 

• Like 1