Kellen Moore has been FIRED… and HIRED

matt79511

35 minutes ago, quiller said:

While this might seem straight forward it can be difficult to define success. As a Cowboy fan success will always be superbowl or bust.  There can be no question that Dak has had plenty of success in reg season leading a top 1-2 offensive team when playing while having sporadic success in playoffs 2-3 really good games 1 average and 2 utter failures.  Thus this success will be measured by how far they get in the playoffs.  SD though has almost zero playoff history and that was an utter failure with Herbert who did play okay or average.  I don’t see KM having much effect in SD.  They have always had a steady 2nd their offense and if healthy should have again.  Can KM bring better results in the playoffs should they make it. Again next year I put SD as a top 6 team. KC Cincy Buffalo.  Then Titans ravens if healthy then Jags and SD and who ever like the Jets  Denver Raiders Miami battle it out. 

NFC repeat from last year. I put us ahead of Philly based on schedule only if no major injury.  SF is next then shall see as any one of many could challenge.  I understand people say what about this but matchups are important and for what ever reason we struggle against SF I think their strength on D just matches too well with what we try to do on O.  And unless we have a totally healthy OL we will struggle 

You know that the Chargers haven’t been in San Diego for going on 6 years, right?

On 1/29/2023 at 5:20 PM, plan9misfit said:

Good. Now, we won’t see a bunch of garbage gadgets plays or Zeke runs for zero yards on every first and 10.

Have you ever watched McCarthy call a game? Lol he called that ish for Brandon Jackson and Ryan Grant. McCarthy is a great head coach, but your team is just meh, and he isn't a magic person. McCarthy calling unsuccessful runs in GB was his calling card. 

8 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

Have you ever watched McCarthy call a game? Lol he called that ish for Brandon Jackson and Ryan Grant. McCarthy is a great head coach, but your team is just meh, and he isn't a magic person. McCarthy calling unsuccessful runs in GB was his calling card. 

I have. And, I’m not saying that Mike McCarthy is some savior, but I will say that Moore’s offense was stale and predictable, so almost anything is a welcome change. Plus, if McCarthy comes up short in the 2023-24 season as the primary play caller, he’ll likely be fired and we’d have opportunity to move on from Dak. That’s a Win-Win in my book.

16 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I have. And, I’m not saying that Mike McCarthy is some savior, but I will say that Moore’s offense was stale and predictable, so almost anything is a welcome change. Plus, if McCarthy comes up short in the 2023-24 season as the primary play caller, he’ll likely be fired and we’d have opportunity to move on from Dak. That’s a Win-Win in my book.

Definitely move on from Dak, but McCarthy should stay IMO. The Cowboys and him fit together, especially with Jones love of skill players. I would take maybe three coaches over him, and you had a competitive season where your QB1 missed major time. Don't be Saints fans with Payton accepting non-playoff seasons with a healthy Brees.