Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

34 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Trevor, Kirk, Goff, Aaron, Fields are all > Dak. Not saying we played great QB’s. I just don’t wanna miss an opportunity to say Dak sucks.

The only one of those QBs truly better than Dak this year were Kirk and Goff. And it was Goff in Week 1 and Kirk is Kirk. I mean, the Eagles probably would have played just as well regardless of who they lined up against, but come on now.

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah maybe before the flight to AZ. I just moved to Glendale I think I might scale the facade of State Farm Stadium 

I'm wrestling with paying for nosebleeds or not. I live in Gilbert so my drive is a bit further to the stadium than yours but damn would it be a good time.

28 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Better then had the 49ers won and I had to listen to my wife!! Might of had to move out. Just saying. 😎

I don't know how people do it. I will give my wife credit when you guys curbstomped us earlier this year she didn't cheer once. Meanwhile my butthole friends rubbed it in for weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not familiar, can you expand on this?

After a game in 2016, Travis Kelce said this about Cheffers:

“It’s ignorance. The ref, No. 51 shouldn’t be able to wear a zebra jersey ever again,” said Kelce. “He shouldn’t even be able to work at f–king Foot Locker.”

Ever since then, he penalizes us at a higher proportion.

But Cheffers hasn’t been kind to the Chiefs in general, which includes this year. Cheffers has accounted for 17 percent of the Chiefs’ total penalties and 20 percent of their penalty yards this season (postseason included) despite only working two of their games.

source

Even excluding the Chiefs stuff, he's flag happy:

Every year Cheffers' officiating crew is consistently among the leaders in penalty flags thrown per game and has topped the 200-penalty mark in each of the past seven seasons. He is the only referee in the league that can make such a claim. 

During the 2022 season no referee crew had more accepted penalties (214) or penalty yards (1,869) than Cheffers' crew. 

This will be Cheffers' second Super Bowl assignment in the past three years, having also officiating Super Bowl LV where the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs by a 31-9 margin. That game had 15 accepted penalties, with 11 of them going against the Chiefs.

source

Here's his stat sheet for his crew this year: dumb stats

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'm wrestling with paying for nosebleeds or not. I live in Gilbert so my drive is a bit further to the stadium than yours but damn would it be a good time.

You never know when (a) you'll get a chance to watch your team play in a Super Bowl and (b) actually get to watch it live, especially when its "in your backyard." Pull the trigger brother!

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

You never know when (a) you'll get a chance to watch your team play in a Super Bowl and (b) actually get to watch it live, especially when its "in your backyard." Pull the trigger brother!

You make a good point. I am definitely leaning that way. Gunna sleep on it and go from there.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You make a good point. I am definitely leaning that way. Gunna sleep on it and go from there.

I decided that if GB makes it to another one I'll buy a ticket and then bet that much against them.

If we win, it's worth double the price of admission.

If we lose. I break even.

• Like 1

The public is likely to back Mahomes guven his heroics on 1 leg, given he’ll be healthier in 2 weeks, and how poorly the Eagles O played.    

But there are 3 aspects that favor the Eagles: 

-their OL can neutralize the KC pass rush and establish a run game that CIN couldn’t.  

-their DL and secondary can really shut down the WR and get to Mahomes with only 4 guys.    While Mahomes will be better, 2 weeks from now he’s still likely to have decreased lateral movement and escapability.  Against the Eagles pass rush that’s a big problem.   

-the PHI skill guys can provide similar challenges that CIN’s corps did and even  more with Goedert matching with Smith & AJ Brown.  

KC has 3 clear edges and 1 matchup they need in 2 weeks: 

-Mahomes (duh). 

-Kelce vs. CGJ / LB’s still a mismatch.  

- Toney if healthy is a guy who would give the slot and LB’s equal trouble as Kelce.   His health is vital.   

- Chris Jones and Frank Clark and Mike Danna have to win vs the OL to make Hurts uncomfortable.    Without that the Eagles depth in the skill positions will show out, let alone the run game.  

Ultimately, who wins in the trenches often tells the tale.   The other X-factor being the TO battle being the equalizer.   Either way should be a great game.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2