Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

I'm more concerned about the RB screen game,  dump offs, slants then I am thier WR's.

Doesn't Mahomes lead the league or something with passing TD to RB's? Andy has always been phenomenal in the Screen Game. With we did it more TBH.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm more concerned about the RB screen game,  dump offs, slants then I am thier WR's.

Doesn't Mahomes lead the league or something with passing TD to RB's? Andy has always been phenomenal in the Screen Game. With we dud it more TBH.

McKinnon had more receiving touchdowns this year than Tyreek Hill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Right there with you…. Needs to be Sunday. What are your predictions as a chiefs fan?

Honestly? No idea. It gets tough when the teams, especially the coaching staffs, are this good.

I think there are a few things we won't know health wise until gameday that will make a really big difference. Gay and Sneed are really crucial to how our defense runs, and while we're fine without Hardman, I think our offense does need at least one of Hardman or Toney for our playbook to be truly open, especially near the red zone. We need at least that one really fast guy to threaten on the screens and jet sweeps and stuff. Moore is our #3 option on those plays, and he's not nearly as effective. On the flip side, I really don't think Hurts looked right against San Fran, I think his shoulder was still bothering him, and if that remains true on Sunday that's a potentially big deal. He'll play, no doubt, and he's still a threat in a number of ways, but I'd be more concerned if Hurts's shoulder is only at 90%, than if the same is true of Mahomes's ankle. Even if it's just that the deep shots are a tick less accurate, that's a big deal.

Scheme wise, I think there's some interesting conflicting tendencies between the two. We're one of the worst teams in the league at allowing receiving yards to RBs, while Philly has been insanely unproductive throwing to Miles Sanders this year. Gainwell is a bit better, but it doesn't seem like they go to that often. On the flip side we've had a good season actually in stopping RBs in actual rushing. Low top 10 in rushing yards allowed to backs. For Philly's D, there's some things that look fantastic on paper, but the competition does actually make it hard to judge how that will translate against KC. Philly did well this year against TEs, but they kind of didn't play against any. They got Kittle without a QB, Minnesota before they got Hock, Jacksonville before Engram broke out. So like, Schultz or Freiermuth was probably the best TE they played against? And they don't prepare you against Kelce. Similar for QBs. Best they faced were really Dak and Rodgers, and they didn't fare super well against them. And they don't compare to Mahomes. Philly has had an absurd number of sacks, but KC is second in sack rate allowed. Something will give in a number of these matchups, just hard to say what.

Feels like in terms of coverage versus receivers, Philly is built to win outside with Brown/Smith and Slay/Bradberry, while KC prefers to attack inside throwing to backs and TEs and just hopes that you don't throw against our LBs. We kind of don't care if your corners shut down JuJu and MVS, honestly. On defense, teams over the past month or two have tried to attack our corners, and found out it doesn't work. Both Cincy and Jacksonville tried some quick passes out to the flat early to try to force our young guys to tackle, and they have. McDuffie and Sneed are better tacklers than some of our LBs. They also both threw picks on deep shots are our rookies. Teams seem to think attack the rookies, really they want to attack the LBs. So I imagine someone shifts schematically there and gets a favorable matchup as a result. If Philly is smart, they'll have a lot of Gainwell and Goedert in the gameplan. Bolton and Gay can be beaten in coverage. Watson and McDuffie are quite a bit tougher. Hurts running can be a winning plan as well, for the same reasons.

And then the lines might be even more of a toss up. I doubt our edge rushers are really able to do anything against Philly's OL. But Chris Jones is on one of those beating literally whoever is in front of him kind of tears right now. Philly's DL is better than ours, though our OL has graded better in pass pro this year than Philly's (I don't know if I agree with that, but I'm aware of the bias every fan of usually thinking their OL is worse than it is.) That DL is truly great, but Reid's scheme plus Mahomes's talent and instinct is something they haven't seen yet. They won't be getting Reddick one on one blowing up TEs like we've seen the rest of the playoffs for some stupid reason. But they'll still get theirs, I'm sure.

I also don't trust our special teams not to screw up at an inconvenient moment. That's been a thing all year. No idea how good Philly is there, honestly.

Ultimately, there's a number of ways I could see this going. I could see Hurts's shoulder being bad and it allowing our defense to tighten up on the backs and TEs and Hurts's scrambling. I could see Hurts going off for 100+ rushing yards and that being the story of the game, along with Gainwell making some big plays. I could see Chris Jones just dominating with a couple sacks and knockdowns, as much as I respect Philly's OL. I could see us moving the ball at will but struggling in the red zone without our gadget plays to Hardman and Toney. I could see Mahomes and Kelce going off just because of who they are. Could see a muffed punt or Philly's DL forcing a turnover being a huge turning point in a close game. I don't have a solid read where I think one thing will definitely happen. I have matchups I'm watching and things I think will be key, but the coaching staffs are smarter than me, and there's enough elite players on each side that can just take over a game that can always just transcend matchups anyway. I have no bets on this game, I don't have a vote in this thread, and you won't see any from me in the coming days. Could go either way, I just hope it's a good game and Cheffers stays out of it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Scheme wise, I think there's some interesting conflicting tendencies between the two. We're one of the worst teams in the league at allowing receiving yards to RBs, while Philly has been insanely unproductive throwing to Miles Sanders this year. Gainwell is a bit better, but it doesn't seem like they go to that often. 

Honestly, I don't recall them throwing much to the RBs this season.  It's not something they attempt to do with regularity.  

Philly did well this year against TEs, but they kind of didn't play against any. They got Kittle without a QB, Minnesota before they got Hock, Jacksonville before Engram broke out. So like, Schultz or Freiermuth was probably the best TE they played against?  Similar for QBs. Best they faced were really Dak and Rodgers, and they didn't fare super well against them. And they don't compare to Mahomes. Philly has had an absurd number of sacks, but KC is second in sack rate allowed. Something will give in a number of these matchups, just hard to say what.

They faced Hockenson in week 1 when he was with Detroit.  Held him to 4 catches for 38 yards.  

Also, define, didn't fare well.  Aaron Rodgers was 11 for 16 for 140 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs before Philly's rush knocked him out of the game being down 2 scores.  They did just fine against him.  Same thing week 1 against Detroit, held them to 205 yards passing.  They were a top 10 passing offense this season.  Held Kirk Cousins to 202 yards, another top 10 passing offense.  The Dallas Cowboys were the only offense to throw for 300 yards and they just got over it at 304.  

I also don't trust our special teams not to screw up at an inconvenient moment. That's been a thing all year. No idea how good Philly is there, honestly.

Philly ST is a weakness.  They don't have a guy who can return a punt or kickoff to the house and they've been mediocre at tackling.  I expect at least one or two good KC returns.

And then the lines might be even more of a toss up. I doubt our edge rushers are really able to do anything against Philly's OL. But Chris Jones is on one of those beating literally whoever is in front of him kind of tears right now. Philly's DL is better than ours, though our OL has graded better in pass pro this year than Philly's (I don't know if I agree with that, but I'm aware of the bias every fan of usually thinking their OL is worse than it is.) That DL is truly great, but Reid's scheme plus Mahomes's talent and instinct is something they haven't seen yet. They won't be getting Reddick one on one blowing up TEs like we've seen the rest of the playoffs for some stupid reason. But they'll still get theirs, I'm sure.

The Philly OL is something special.  I don't see them losing very many battles on Sunday.  

Seems like we are in the overthinking phase of analysis of this game. What it comes down to is this: the Eagles have dominant OL and DL that will control this game from start to finish. The Eagles will be able to run at will, and once the Chiefs start passing on more than half of their snaps (they may do that from the jump, regardless of the score), they are toast.

I'm just glad I'm going to be able to watch this game with some non-Eagles fans, away from Eagles territory. I'll deal with whatever problems I have to on Monday, where I probably won't be able to get into work because Broad Street will be littered in Eagles fans keeled over with E. Coli infections from eating horse poop.

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Seems like we are in the overthinking phase of analysis of this game. What it comes down to is this: the Eagles have dominant OL and DL that will control this game from start to finish. The Eagles will be able to run at will, and once the Chiefs start passing on more than half of their snaps (they may do that from the jump, regardless of the score), they are toast.

I'm just glad I'm going to be able to watch this game with some non-Eagles fans, away from Eagles territory. I'll deal with whatever problems I have to on Monday, where I probably won't be able to get into work because Broad Street will be littered in Eagles fans keeled over with E. Coli infections from eating horse poop.

Best player (at the most important position) and arguably the best coach, vs the best team.

Simple as that IMO.

5 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

Also, define, didn't fare well.  Aaron Rodgers was 11 for 16 for 140 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs before Philly's rush knocked him out of the game being down 2 scores.  They did just fine against him.  Same thing week 1 against Detroit, held them to 205 yards passing.  They were a top 10 passing offense this season.  Held Kirk Cousins to 202 yards, another top 10 passing offense.  The Dallas Cowboys were the only offense to throw for 300 yards and they just got over it at 304.  

Referring to them allowing 20 points in the first half to Rodgers, 40 points in the game to Prescott.

The Lions and Vikings had good offenses, but no one is going to mistake Goff or Cousins for an great QB. Though even that's a bit odd to bring up since they did give up 35 points to the Lions as well.

Point is, the best QBs/passing attacks they played, they gave up a lot of points. And those QBs still do not compare to Mahomes. Philly never played Mahomes, Brady, Herbert, Burrow, Allen, etc. this year. We don't have a good reference this year for Philly against an actual elite QB. One half allowing 20 points to Rodgers or one game allowing 40 to Prescott is as close as we get. But ultimately it's something we don't really know, which was my point of the matchups I brought up.

35 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Referring to them allowing 20 points in the first half to Rodgers, 40 points in the game to Prescott.

The Lions and Vikings had good offenses, but no one is going to mistake Goff or Cousins for an great QB. Though even that's a bit odd to bring up since they did give up 35 points to the Lions as well.

Point is, the best QBs/passing attacks they played, they gave up a lot of points. And those QBs still do not compare to Mahomes. Philly never played Mahomes, Brady, Herbert, Burrow, Allen, etc. this year. We don't have a good reference this year for Philly against an actual elite QB. One half allowing 20 points to Rodgers or one game allowing 40 to Prescott is as close as we get. But ultimately it's something we don't really know, which was my point of the matchups I brought up.

The thing with that Cowboys game is CD was mainly cooking Josiah Scott, our backup, backup plan at Nickel. Gannon should have made adjustments. The Eagles D has the talent to slow down the Chiefs, it'll just come down to the chess match between Reid and Gannon. I still dont fully trust Gannon, counting on Reddick to dominate his matchup to make everyone's life easier

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Acting like the Chiefs don’t have a dominant OL, and on the DL there aren’t any slouches  either