Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

45 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I’m obviously biased for the 2004 patriots but if the eagles win this title and especially do it dominating fashion you would have to give this eagles a strong case as the best Super Bowl champion of the last 20 years. 

I think people are really underestimating how dominate this team has been this year with hurts 

The eagles are 9-1 against teams with winning records(tied for best all time). They also haven't beaten anyone according to everyone.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

The eagles are 9-1 against teams with winning records(tied for best all time). They also haven't beaten anyone according to everyone.

Week 1 Lions 9-8

Week 2 Vikings 13-4

Week 4 Jags 9-8

Week 6 Cowboys 12-5 (1W(Cooper Rush) + 1L)

Week 8 Steelers 9-8

Weeks 14, 18, 20 Giants 9-7-1 (3 times)

Week 21 49ers 13-4 (ran out of QBs)

200.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Week 1 Lions 9-8

Week 2 Vikings 13-4

Week 4 Jags 9-8

Week 6 Cowboys 12-5 (1W(Cooper Rush) + 1L)

Week 8 Steelers 9-8

Weeks 14, 18, 20 Giants 9-7-1 (3 times)

Week 21 49ers 13-4 (ran out of QBs)

200.gif

Thank god the Chiefs beat the Bengals yesterday or their best wins on the year would have been the Chargers x2, Jags x2, and the Niners who got McCaffery like the day before.

Kinda silly to pick apart schedules when you just play who you play. And the Eagles have lost one game this season when their starting QB has played. Think that says enough about the quality of team they are. But sure... not inspiring enough. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Thank god the Chiefs beat the Bengals yesterday or their best wins on the year would have been the Chargers x2, Jags x2, and the Niners who got McCaffery like the day before.

Kinda silly to pick apart schedules when you just play who you play. And the Eagles have lost one game this season when their starting QB has played. Think that says enough about the quality of team they are. But sure... not inspiring enough. 

Don't get me wrong, you can only play the schedule that you're given. I'm just adding context to the stat. I just don't think the 9-1 stat is something to brag about considering that. Which is also why you don't see me, or anyone, bragging about the Chiefs wins vs teams with a winning record.

If I wanted to really compare teams, I'd talk about SOS or how they fared against top defenses. But I'm not here to dig into that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Don't get me wrong, you can only play the schedule that you're given. I'm just adding context to the stat. I just don't think the 9-1 stat is something to brag about considering that. Which is also why you don't see me, or anyone, bragging about the Chiefs wins vs teams with a winning record.

If I wanted to really compare teams, I'd talk about SOS or how they fared against top defenses. But I'm not here to dig into that.

Well if the Eagles beat the Chiefs and end up having the best record against winning teams in a season. We will have the record makers put an asterisk by it to note that you weren't inspired by the feat.

Now this can happen

On 12/9/2022 at 12:48 PM, Malfatron said:

Near the end of the game.

Eagles trail by 5 at midfield with 1 second left. Chiefs put kelce in for the hands team hail mary defense.

Hurts drops back, is hit and fumbled, kelce picks it up and heaves it down the field. Kelce picks it off. Before kelce can get to the ground, kelce speeds down the field and hits kelce, causing a fumble. Kelce recovers for a td. Game over

• Like 1

Initial lean is Eagles. Just a deeper team overall and very versatile. I want to dive deeper before voting (and check in the official injury reports) but I think the Eagles edge on game management and their ability to exploit a youngish and less than disciplined Chiefs back 7 will be the difference. The 49ers had a defense a tier above the Chiefs and I think it has people devaluing the Eagles offense. That said Mahomes if that leg is closer to fully healed after 2 weeks is a great equalizer and makes this game close regardless.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Cardinals will never be forgiven for their war crimes of having this man play off-ball linebacker for his first 3 years in the league.

I knew as soon as they were play Isaiah Simmons at Off Ball LB that their defensive scheme was utter poo.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I knew as soon as they were play Isaiah Simmons at Off Ball LB that their defensive scheme was utter poo.

100% He was handmade to be a modern SS but has been forced into a LB role. Feels like an old man belief that safeties don't matter and LBs are the heart of the defense. Just way too much draft capital spent on trying to make LBs the core of the defense.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Cardinals will never be forgiven for their war crimes of having this man play off-ball linebacker for his first 3 years in the league.

and what if he gets SB MVP while he is visiting his old stomping grounds ?