Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Toney is one of the most electric players I've ever seen but he's the definition of "made of glass." It didn't seem like your new coaching staff was very fond of him, didn't he say that he was healthy but they kept him out?

I think they were just keeping him healthy to get better trade value out of him. It worked, but Giants fans swore he was faking it

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I think they were just keeping him healthy to get better trade value out of him. It worked, but Giants fans swore he was faking it

IIRC he made a public comment about how he wasn't hurt, he wasn't playing because the coaches didn't like him.

13 hours ago, Danger said:

If you guys had anyone else at QB I would go on the record saying I fully expect to win this game, but Mahomes is just unstoppable in so many ways.

Yeah this Chiefs juggernaut is comparable to BB/Brady pats. Don’t care what the line is, you just don’t expect Mahomes to lose. Same way you never expected Brady to lose in the postseason.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah this Chiefs juggernaut is comparable to BB/Brady pats. Don’t care what the line is, you just don’t expect Mahomes to lose. Same way you never expected Brady to lose in the postseason.

This is kinda where I'm at. I think Philly has the better team, but you basically have the best QB and one of the 3 best coaches along with guys like Kelce who are dominant and have experience. I could see either team winning, but it feels like if this was a boxing match, KC would be the champion who has all the advantages that come with it.

21 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean having spent a decade in both places, the income/quality of life is drastically different; one of those places affords wages that might allow for the purchasing of SB tickets. I also imagine many of those same KC fans have mortgaged their fortunes for the last 2 Super Bowls whereas Birds fans have had half a decade to recuperate from shelling out all that money to go to Minnesota.

• Like 1

I don't see anyway the Chiefs will be able to defend the Eagles.  The Eagles can beat you with the run or the pass.  I agree with Dan Orlovsky, I don't know how you stop the Eagles.  It will be a tall task for Spags to design something to slow the Eagles down.  Hurts struggled passing in the first game against Detroit, they brought pressure almost every play it seemed.  I think I would just sell out against them and make Hurts run for his life and hope to force him into a few mistakes.  The 49ers last week did a mush rush and it didn't work.  

I think the Chiefs are going to have to win a high scoring game.  Very possible for them with Mahomes.  The Eagles weakness, if you want to call it that is defending the rush.  Pacheco is going to have the game of his life so the Chiefs don't become a one dimensional passing team because the Eagles have feasted on teams when their Dline can pin their ears back and attack the passer.  I think the Eagles will do enough defensively to win the game.  They won't stop the Chiefs, but they'll slow them down enough.  I'm expecting a high scoring game, something like 33-27.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I don't see anyway the Chiefs will be able to defend the Eagles.  The Eagles can beat you with the run or the pass.  I agree with Dan Orlovsky, I don't know how you stop the Eagles.  It will be a tall task for Spags to design something to slow the Eagles down.  Hurts struggled passing in the first game against Detroit, they brought pressure almost every play it seemed.  I think I would just sell out against them and make Hurts run for his life and hope to force him into a few mistakes.  The 49ers last week did a mush rush and it didn't work.  

I think the Chiefs are going to have to win a high scoring game.  Very possible for them with Mahomes.  The Eagles weakness, if you want to call it that is defending the rush.  Pacheco is going to have the game of his life so the Chiefs don't become a one dimensional passing team because the Eagles have feasted on teams when their Dline can pin their ears back and attack the passer.  I think the Eagles will do enough defensively to win the game.  They won't stop the Chiefs, but they'll slow them down enough.  I'm expecting a high scoring game, something like 33-27.

yeah I agree with everything you say.

But Mahomes is just a freak.

I lean Eagles but wouldn't be surprised if KC win easy, either.

Tough

On 2/3/2023 at 4:43 AM, NYRaider said:

Toney is one of the most electric players I've ever seen but he's the definition of "made of glass." It didn't seem like your new coaching staff was very fond of him, didn't he say that he was healthy but they kept him out?

is-he-though-thor.gif

59 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I do believe the Eagles rush D splits pre and post Linval Joseph/Suh acquisitions is significantly improved.

5 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I don't think the rush D for Philly is a weakness TBH.  But even if it was, I don't think KC has the backs to exploit it.

Yeah I don't think so either. Sometimes we struggle with tackling but I'm not sure either of those backs will present that kind of challenge.