Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

Grassgate:

Super Bowl grass: ‘I’m not going to lie: It’s the worst field I’ve ever played on’

“I’m not going to lie: It was the worst field I’ve ever played on,” Reddick said. “… It was very disappointing. It’s the NFL. You would think it would be better so we could get some better play, but it is what it is. I don’t know. Maybe the league will look at it and tell Arizona they got to step their stuff up.”

Who's to blame? NFL? Arizona? Both?

Should State Farm Stadium be BANNED from hosting Super Bowls for the considerable future?

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Grassgate:

Super Bowl grass: ‘I’m not going to lie: It’s the worst field I’ve ever played on’

Should State Farm Stadium be BANNED from hosting Super Bowls for the considerable future?

I think the NFL should get most of the blame. I haven’t ever seen the Cardinals have issues with their grass before the Super Bowl and the NFL is in full control of developing the grass for the game. 

From what I read the grass is typically rolled in late in the week for normal Cardinals games. But due to the way seating was setup for the Super Bowl they had to bring the grass inside on Wednesday which didn’t give it enough time to dry out in the sun. That combined with more painted area on the field was the main reason the field was terrible. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the NFL should get most of the blame. I haven’t ever seen the Cardinals have issues with their grass before the Super Bowl and the NFL is in full control of developing the grass for the game. 

From what I read the grass is typically rolled in late in the week for normal Cardinals games. But due to the way seating was setup for the Super Bowl they had to bring the grass inside on Wednesday which didn’t give it enough time to dry out in the sun. That combined with more painted area on the field was the main reason the field was terrible. 

Chiefs complained about field at Super Bowl stadium back in Week 1

When Super Bowl LVII kicks off on Sunday, it will mark the second time this season that the Kansas City Chiefs have played at State Farm Stadium and the team will be hoping that things go much better this time around. 

Back in Week 1, the Chiefs came away with a 44-21 road win over the Cardinals, but the victory came at a price with kicker Harrison Butker (ankle) and rookie corner Trent McDuffie (hamstring) both suffering injuries. Following the win over Arizona, Andy Reid, who's not exactly known for complaining, blamed both injuries on the poor state of the sod at State Farm Stadium. 

"It was a little loose. That's what happens sometimes when you re-sod," Reid said, via the Associated Press. "It's part of the Butker injury and the McDuffie injury, and that's unfortunate. The turf picked up, and I would tell you that did have something to do with it. If it didn't, I'd tell you that, too. It's not an excuse by any means. But you all see it when you watch the tape."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Grassgate:

was it the grass or mainly the painted grass sections? I saw many slips in the painted area. 

perhaps don't paint the field. If they want images on the field, go with holograms or computer graphics on the TV broadcasts. 

It was terrible, everyone noticed.  Instead of wasting cost on halftime performances and colour schemes for the seating, how about having a legit playing surface? 

When Butker was kicking the game winner, I thought there was a chance he would slip in the painted section  but he didn't  Imagine if that happened?

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

33% of his titles? Thats 3 titles Troy  won, so 1 title would be 33% ? He has 66% then or  am I missing something here