Super Bowl LVII: The Kelce Reid Bowl

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

100's of millions in revenue. Hotels,Β  Restaurants,Β  Bars, Grocery stores, ABC, Shopping centers , Taxi/Uber, Clubs, Ect......

None of which includes everything SB related at or around the Stadium that weekend.Β 

I think I gonna scale the facade of State Farm Stadium

Edited by Chiefer

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

100's of millions in revenue. Hotels,Β  Restaurants,Β  Bars, Grocery stores, ABC, Shopping centers , Taxi/Uber, Clubs, Ect......

None of which includes everything SB related at or around the Stadium that weekend.Β 

There's also 100s of millions in expenses, too. Net/net, the economic windfall is greatly exaggerated:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hosting-super-bowl-worth-cities-000059204.html

Not only do taxpayers give enormous subsidies and tax breaks to the NFL β€” which uses their expensive new stadium for free β€” but local public transportation is often stuck with millions in losses. He cited 2014, when NJ Transit got hit with a $5.6 million bill for carting fans to and fro during the Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.

That same year, in 2014, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune published a 153-page NFL packet that revealed all the league’s many expensive requirements, which potential hosts were compelled to meet. Among the demands were free parking, security, access to golf courses, billboards, transportation, food, hotels and exemptions from local, city, and state taxes β€” all for the privilege of paying to host the NFL’s big party.

Theoretically, it's a nice payday. But when you actually look at the numbers... notsomuch.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It will be wild if the Eagles win.Β 

Didn't like their qb at the draft

Didn't like the hire of their coach.Β 

I refuse to move on from these opinions

I didn't like hurts, but I actually loved the sirianni hire considering the other names that were floated around at the time. Helps that I never watched his opening press conferenceΒ 

8 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

The only one of those QBs truly better than Dak this year were Kirk and Goff. And it was Goff in Week 1 and Kirk is Kirk. I mean, the Eagles probably would have played just as well regardless of who they lined up against, but come on now.

As of right now, I’d take all those guys over Dak. You may not agree but is it really that crazy? They all have similar upside but what’s the turnover stat for Dak? In 49 games, he hasn’t been able to go two consecutive games without turning the ball over.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Didn’t he torch them thoughΒ 

Dak had good games and had bad games. Also he wasn't the best QB we played this season. Cowboys are probably better in the trenches than the Chiefs and have better weapons this season.Β 

Keys for the Eagles.

Be able to get pressure on Patty with 4/5 (Reddick) man fronts
Jalen Hurts being more accurate passing the ball than he was yesterday. I wonder if it was the shoulder. His accuracy, even, compared to the Giants game was way off.

The Niners defense trounces the Chiefs by comparison though.

9 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Why, so Andy Reid can have no timeouts and refuse to run the ball in a fit of irony to Eagles fans?

No, so Pat Mahomes doesn't get multiple flags and improbable completions in a game deciding drive.

Over the past 24 hours, you've really demonstrated a very poor understanding of football. It's not like you knew much to begin with, but now it's embarrassingly bad. It's like you haven't actually watched a game in a decade.

Everything OK?

• Like 1

I really don't know who will win this. Philadelphia has a better overall team, but hard to bet against Mahomes, especially now that he'll have a couple of weeks to rest his ankle.

Rooting for Philly, but I'll say Kansas City wins a really close one. But I can really see it going either way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

No, so Pat Mahomes doesn't get multiple flags and improbable completions in a game deciding drive.

Over the past 24 hours, you've really demonstrated a very poor understanding of football. It's not like you knew much to begin with, but now it's embarrassingly bad. It's like you haven't actually watched a game in a decade.

Everything OK?

Who hurt you?

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Everything OK?

Damn.Β 

Blaq even got ET throwing shade. That takes a special brand of jerkface.

• Like 2