RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Chiefs
    • Eagles

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:
5 hours ago, Danger said:

I didn't like hurts, but I actually loved the sirianni hire considering the other names that were floated around at the time. Helps that I never watched his opening press conference 

Wow damn time flies.  I totally forgot about that 

His press conference was around the same time as former Texans HC David Culley. Sirianni stumbled around his words and kept going on about systems and stuff, Culley turned into Grandpa Simpson, talking about that time Bill Parcells told him he broke a promise while wearing an onion on his belt, which was the style at the time…

Now, Sirianni is coaching in the SB and Culley is living his best life in East Texas with a $20mm golden parachute after getting fired.

Moral of the story: **** Jack Easterby.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Toney is able to make those cuts that no one else can. The problem is that, about 50% of the time, he can't make those cuts either and hurts himself. 

He never fit in in New York, but I think a big reason we moved him is because he will never be able to stay healthy with his style of play, and his style of play is what makes him special. It's just a losing proposition.

Some year he’ll make fantasy owners happy they have him on their teams.  Likely won’t be me.   Talent is unreal but so is his injury risk. 

55 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If the eagles win a superbowl with a prolific rushing attack (most rushing tds ever in a season) do teams try to copy it?

I don't think so. As hard as finding a QB is, I would say finding, paying, and keeping together all the pieces that contribute to the Eagles rushing attack is harder. They have the WRs to threaten teams deep so they can't stack the box, an elite OL, a good stable of RBs, and an athletic QB that still is good enough to pass when needed. And you need a good enough defense to keep the game script in a place where you can run. That's honestly a harder team to try to build. It isn't really a style as much as saying hey, our plan is to just build an elite all around roster. Which, if it was that easy, everyone would've already done it. Like, if the Bears GM is looking at this Eagles team succeed, then looking at his own, he's thinking okay, we have an athletic QB, some good RBs, now all we need are the receivers, the OL, and an entire defense. So it's not really something you just copy.

8 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

KC is just not healthy... Pacheco got banged up too yesterday. What other pieces do they have? Is Tonie going to show up? It's really Kelce and him only. Juju and MVS are too hot and cold. Micole also went out. They can't run on 3rd&1. While this won't be another TBvKC SB, it could be lopsided. The NFC was just so weak this year and the Eagles fattened up. Reid will need the best coaching performance of his life as will his staff.

I think the hope is two weeks is enough time for enough of them to get healthy. We don't have solid injury reports on most yet, but just based on seeing the guys post-game, Reid's comments, and the nature of the injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if Gay, Sneed, JuJu, Pacheco, Mahomes, and Kelce are all perfectly fine for the superbowl. Toney and Hardman would be the real questionable ones, but we didn't have each of them most of the year, honestly. Truthfully, prior to the postseason, the team was incredibly healthy, so the only guys really hurt are the ones that got hurt in the past 8 days.

The biggest thing to me will be Mahomes and Hurts recovering. I don't think Hurts looked right against San Fran, it was just masked by how much worse the 49ers QB injury situation was. If one of them is 100% and the other is still limited, that's a bigger deal than any other injury.

• Like 1

I’m obviously biased for the 2004 patriots but if the eagles win this title and especially do it dominating fashion you would have to give this eagles a strong case as the best Super Bowl champion of the last 20 years. 

I think people are really underestimating how dominate this team has been this year with hurts 

Edited by CP3MVP