Super Bowl LVII - Philadelphia vs Kansas City

Leader

15 hours ago, Norm said:

Marquez Valdez Scantling, A wide receiver with skill, Speeding down the field, Making defenders stand still.

With his speed and agility, He's a force to be reckoned, Making catches with ease, His talent is second to none.

His hands are like glue, The ball sticks to them tight, He's a touchdown machine, A shining star in the night.

Through the air he soars, A blur in the eyes, Marquez Valdez Scantling, A true champion in size.

With every game he plays, He leaves the crowd in awe, Marquez Valdez Scantling, A wide receiver without a flaw."

There once was a man from Nantucket with a......

Am I doing it right?

• Like 1

I feel like Mahomes is going to be near 100% but not 100%.  

Not sure about his wideouts.

Do know that their OL is better, but still not top tier.

And Philly's DL and EDGE guys are no joke.

I'll take the Eagles.  Better DL.  Much better OL.

Game will be won in the trenches.

So...reverse jinx anyone?

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There once was a receiver for Green Bay.

Whose hands were as slick as wet clay.

He would streak down the field,

We would all start to squeal,

Then his drop would lead to dismay.

Vegas is a bot! I knew it.

• Like 1

The wildcard in this one is Hurts. He actually didn't play very well against the Niners. Luckily the Niners literally had no QB which pretty much ended the game and the Philly just ran the ball when it needed. Hurts will need to play better to win the SB, but the Eagles are better than KC at nearly every other position on the field. They have the better OL and DL, a better offensive skill group and a better secondary. Can't see the Eagles losing unless Mahomes way outplays Hurts. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good time to point out that the Chiefs got to the SB with basically 3 rookie starters in their secondary. 3 of their top 4 CBs are rookies along with Snead who is a 3rd year, 4th round pick. Amazing what a pass rush and good coaching can do.

Amazing what building through the draft can do!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We've been doing that for over 20 years so we have that part down. 

No.  we used to do that.  Now we make poor picks and don't build anything.   

Now we draft to plug holes and don't do it successfully.

BTW KC picks at the end of every round just like the Packers used to.   They just pick better players and develop them better.

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

Amazing what building through the draft can do!

Question for yah....Kenny Clark or Chris Jones?  Cuz we took Clark over Jones.  And that one hurts.

At the time, I liked Jones better...just because he showed a better pass rush.  But knowing our scheme, Kenny fit it better.  Still probably does.

12 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

No.  we used to do that.  Now we make poor picks and don't build anything.   

Now we draft to plug holes and don't do it successfully.

BTW KC picks at the end of every round just like the Packers used to.   They just pick better players and develop them better.

Do they, though?

Going from memory...Eric Fisher was a #1 overall pick, right?  Hard bust.

Dee Ford.  First round pick.  Bust.

Marcus Peters...so good for them that he didn't get a second contract?  I mean, I feel like he was a very good corner at one time, but not someone they wanted to keep.  First round pick.

Clyde Edwards Helaire....he's a bust, isn't he?  

And those are first rounders.  I think they went a while without a first round pick, too.  But guys like Mercole Hardman are kinda of busts.  Breeland Speaks.  

Chiefs got a generational talent at QB.  And hit a generational talent in the second round with Chris Jones.

Overlooked character stuff and got Hill in the 5'th.  Hunt in the 3rd.  Kelce in the third.

But make no mistake, they win because they have a generational talent at QB.  And they've hit gold a few times in the mid rounds with Kelce, Hill and Jones.