PLAYOFFS | Super Bowl LVII | 🦅 Eagles vs the Chiefs ➡️: Going for Ring #2 in the Kelce/Andy Bowl

Kiltman

SB LVII   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the outcome

• Eagles by a mil +17
    • Eagles up two scores +10
    • Late TD seals it +7
    • Ellmatic with the ice in his veins +3
    • Anything else (you will be shunned)
  2. 2. Who’s the Eagles MVP

• Jalen Hurts
    • The Batmen / Wideouts
    • The Oline
    • Hassan Reddick
    • Slay & JB
    • Sirianni & the Offensive Coaches
    • Gannon shutting down the Kingdom

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2023 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

eh.... maybe but Im not sure we needed to run it more. We controlled TOP and the passing game worked. I dont think we needed to do anything differently on offense at all.

The offense is far from the problem but when a main weapon chooses not to be focused in the biggest game of his life, it tends to sway coaching. Sanders can change games when he’s on. But far too often he’s not ready for that role. He wasn’t tonight. Unfortunate. 

2 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

It’s going to sting badly for me for a WHILE

I feel more shock than depression.

Ive felt depression after each NFCCG loss, the super bowl loss. Other playoff losses.

I dont feel that this year, likely because of a recent super bowl win, and hope for the future with the QB/Coach/GM combo.

But the shock keeps hitting me in waves. I think I feel pretty good, and then its like- how did we blow that? How did not 1 single defensive player ever make 1 single play? How????

The defense 100% lost this game. Chiefs made adjustments and the Eagles seemed lost. They Eagles defense were the better going in and Mahomes shredded them. That was a problem and when you realized they were never going to get to him... well you knew it would eventually become troublesome.

They were blessed the offense held up and bailed them out as much as they did.

Gainwell definitely looked better in the postseason vs Miles. Hopefully Kenneth has a great offseason and looks awesome next year. I don't think we'll just hand him the job though. We're gonna add somebody in the draft, or sign an RB that waits too long to sign in FA, so they have to settle for a 1 year prove it deal.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

The offense is far from the problem but when a main weapon chooses not to be focused in the biggest game of his life, it tends to sway coaching. Sanders can change games when he’s on. But far too often he’s not ready for that role. He wasn’t tonight. Unfortunate. 

maybe he was. We just didnt really need him.

On the other hand, Gianwell got more chances and came up small. He had one really nice run with elusiveness. But his calling card the 2nd half of the year was his physical running. However, tonight, he ran soft on a failed 2nd or 3rd and 1 carry and didnt convert. And he ran soft on his reception which failed to set up an obtainable 4th down chance forcing us to punt.

Gainwell wasnt ready.

Scott also failed on a short yardage run at one point. I dont remember if it was costly or not. For the most part, the offense still scored regardless of a missed play here or there.

The passing game was so good, we just didnt need those guys.

But more than anyone on O, Gainwell played furthest below expectations imo.

2 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I just don’t love sanders… Great teammate and person I am sure but we should move on and I wish him the best

He was never coming back. Howie isn’t dumb enough to pay massive money to a RB that’s not really special. Sanders is a mediocre RB. We can move on. I mean think about it, what RB in the league doesn’t have a career year running behind this OL? A special RB would be unstoppable. 

Crazy to think that I probably won't listen to any of my Eagles podcasts for at least a few days now, probably a couple weeks. I just need to detach from this season and football in general man. Espn, nfl network, etc are usually staples on my TVs. If I can help myself by not engaging in consuming this stuff, then that's what it's gonna be.

Another thing I heard for two week leading up to the game, grind it out, keep the ball and limit Mahomes possessions and we will win handily.

Average possessions per game in the NFL is 12.

The Chiefs had 8 possessions 4 TD's, FG and missed FG.

Maybe make stops instead of worrying about how many times they have the ball.

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He was never coming back. Howie isn’t dumb enough to pay massive money to a RB that’s not really special. Sanders is a mediocre RB. We can move on. I mean think about it, what RB in the league doesn’t have a career year running behind this OL? A special RB would be unstoppable. 

Only 3 FA’s I think they make much of a push to resign are Hargrave, CJGJ and Edwards. 

Hard to see all 3 getting done 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

maybe he was. We just didnt really need him.

On the other hand, Gianwell got more chances and came up small. He had one really nice run with elusiveness. But his calling card the 2nd half of the year was his physical running. However, tonight, he ran soft on a failed 2nd or 3rd and 1 carry and didnt convert. And he ran soft on his reception which failed to set up an obtainable 4th down chance forcing us to punt.

Gainwell wasnt ready.

Scott also failed on a short yardage run at one point. I dont remember if it was costly or not. For the most part, the offense still scored regardless of a missed play here or there.

The passing game was so good, we just didnt need those guys.

But more than anyone on O, Gainwell played furthest below expectations imo.

But do those guys get those chances if Sanders just does what he’s supposed to do. From my perspective, the coaches got real spooked about giving a big workload to Sanders after that. Sanders play is bipolar as hell and I think he failed the team tonight. Making the coaches depend on Gainwell and Scott is a problem. They have splash capability and change of pace play but we needed Sanders to be a consistent threat and he **** the bed so early, coaches got skittish. That’s my take anyway. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Only 3 FA’s I think they make much of a push to resign are Hargrave, CJGJ and Edwards. 

Hard to see all 3 getting done 

Agreed, and CJGJ will get big money, so it is either him or Hargrave and Edwards.  If I felt better about Davis I would lean CJGJ, but, after a full season, I would rather have Hargrave and Edwards.