PLAYOFFS | Super Bowl LVII | 🦅 Eagles vs the Chiefs ➡️: Going for Ring #2 in the Kelce/Andy Bowl

Kiltman

SB LVII   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the outcome

• Eagles by a mil +17
    • Eagles up two scores +10
    • Late TD seals it +7
    • Ellmatic with the ice in his veins +3
    • Anything else (you will be shunned)
  2. 2. Who’s the Eagles MVP

• Jalen Hurts
    • The Batmen / Wideouts
    • The Oline
    • Hassan Reddick
    • Slay & JB
    • Sirianni & the Offensive Coaches
    • Gannon shutting down the Kingdom

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2023 at 11:30 PM

Just now, downundermike1 said:

Another thing I heard for two week leading up to the game, grind it out, keep the ball and limit Mahomes possessions and we will win handily.

Average possessions per game in the NFL is 12.

The Chiefs had 8 possessions 4 TD's, FG and missed FG.

Maybe make stops instead of worrying about how many times they have the ball.

Being a realist, how many punts would you expect a modern day NFL defense to be able to force against the Mahomes/Reid offense?

Certainly more than 2 punts would be nice. 2 punts and 2FGs isnt too far from a realistic expectation though. imo.

I really thing the bigger issue was not making impactful plays. An individual thing more than an overall defensive coordinator thing.

Just now, Jroc04 said:

But do those guys get those chances if Sanders just does what he’s supposed to do. From my perspective, the coaches got real spooked about giving a big workload to Sanders after that. Sanders play is bipolar as hell and I think he failed the team tonight. Making the coaches depend on Gainwell and Scott is a problem. They have splash capability and change of pace play but we needed Sanders to be a consistent threat and he **** the bed so early, coaches got skittish. That’s my take anyway. 

Like.  

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Being a realist, how many punts would you expect a modern day NFL defense to be able to force against the Mahomes/Reid offense?

Certainly more than 2 punts would be nice. 2 punts and 2FGs isnt too far from a realistic expectation though. imo.

I really thing the bigger issue was not making impactful plays. An individual thing more than an overall defensive coordinator thing.

Agreed.  Analyze it all you want, but it comes down to, ZERO SACKS.

2 minutes ago, downundermike1 said:

Agreed, and CJGJ will get big money, so it is either him or Hargrave and Edwards.  If I felt better about Davis I would lean CJGJ, but, after a full season, I would rather have Hargrave and Edwards.

I’d rather take the younger player but Hargrave had a great season. Underrated is how much Milton Williams came on. Hopefully Howie can work his magic and get both back 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Only 3 FA’s I think they make much of a push to resign are Hargrave, CJGJ and Edwards. 

Hard to see all 3 getting done 

I think Edwards walks. I don’t see a ton of interest though. Hargrave would be a huge loss. CJGJ I think we could survive without but obviously would prefer to keep him. Losing him and Bradberry changes the landscape big time. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

But do those guys get those chances if Sanders just does what he’s supposed to do. From my perspective, the coaches got real spooked about giving a big workload to Sanders after that. Sanders play is bipolar as hell and I think he failed the team tonight. Making the coaches depend on Gainwell and Scott is a problem. They have splash capability and change of pace play but we needed Sanders to be a consistent threat and he **** the bed so early, coaches got skittish. That’s my take anyway. 

I think they had been sprinkling those guys in more anyway. Especially since Sanders went in to a knee brace weeks ago. He since shed the brace, but at that point they began relying on the rest of the RB corps more. 

Then, not only did he fumble, but he went in to the locker room with an injury. Maybe the injury is what caused them to doubt his ball security.

Maybe Hurts keeping so many of the read options, and RPOs just naturally cuts down on RB opportunities.

I just dont think this was ever a game where mashing the Chiefs D with the run game was going to be the successful gambit to play. Sometimes Brown has a big game. Sometimes Smith does. Sometimes Sanders contributes as well. Other times, its all passing. Brown and Smith both had big games. Hurts had a bunch of rushing yards. They sprinkled in Gainwell.

I just think schematically it was never going to be a big Sanders game. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I think Edwards walks. I don’t see a ton of interest though. Hargrave would be a huge loss. CJGJ I think we could survive without but obviously would prefer to keep him. Losing him and Bradberry changes the landscape big time. 

I don’t think Edwards gets big money. I expect him back on a short deal later in FA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

keep bradberry and Gardner-Johnson.

Everyone else can walk.

Hargrave is a big loss. But the draft has good DL in it, and Milton Williams may be ready for an expanded role.

I think theyll keep 1 or both LBs on cheap deals. White didnt have the season I expected from him. Edwards was up and down, and hasnt really earned a big contract. 

I think they can potentially agree with Graham, and one of the old DTs whether its Joseph, Suh, or Cox.

Epps can be replaced with Ed Reed Blankenship.

We will lose some, but I dont think we have to lose a lot becasuse frankly a lot of these guys havent earned a big deal.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think they had been sprinkling those guys in more anyway. Especially since Sanders went in to a knee brace weeks ago. He since shed the brace, but at that point they began relying on the rest of the RB corps more. 

Then, not only did he fumble, but he went in to the locker room with an injury. Maybe the injury is what caused them to doubt his ball security.

Maybe Hurts keeping so many of the read options, and RPOs just naturally cuts down on RB opportunities.

I just dont think this was ever a game where mashing the Chiefs D with the run game was going to be the successful gambit to play. Sometimes Brown has a big game. Sometimes Smith does. Sometimes Sanders contributes as well. Other times, its all passing. Brown and Smith both had big games. Hurts had a bunch of rushing yards. They sprinkled in Gainwell.

I just think schematically it was never going to be a big Sanders game. 

I don’t necessarily disagree. But fumbling on the first play of the biggest game of your life is just….unnerving to say the least. I mean, to say schematically it wasn’t going to be a big running game from your RB that had his best year is just 20/20. They have the horses to pound the ball. And he’s your best guy. Why wouldn’t it have been a schematic advantage? It should have been. Just a massive disappointment he wasn’t ready for the game. Small or large. 

Really interesting to see how clutch the eagles offense was. The 3rd/4th down conversion rate was 2nd in a super bowl only to the 2017/18 winning eagles team.

That offense was literally unbeatable in that game. Tonight, was the next best clutch performance ever in a super bowl. 

And somehow, the other team still scored more points than us this time.

I guess, whats better than being great on 3rd and 4th downs, is not even needing 3 down. The Chiefs pretty much moved it down the field with no resistance most of the night.