PLAYOFFS | Super Bowl LVII | 🦅 Eagles vs the Chiefs ➡️: Going for Ring #2 in the Kelce/Andy Bowl

Kiltman

SB LVII   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the outcome

• Eagles by a mil +17
    • Eagles up two scores +10
    • Late TD seals it +7
    • Ellmatic with the ice in his veins +3
    • Anything else (you will be shunned)
  2. 2. Who’s the Eagles MVP

• Jalen Hurts
    • The Batmen / Wideouts
    • The Oline
    • Hassan Reddick
    • Slay & JB
    • Sirianni & the Offensive Coaches
    • Gannon shutting down the Kingdom

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2023 at 11:30 PM

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I think the worst part about all this is now you stare down the reality of all the turnover we are about to deal with. Feels like half the defense is aging out or going out to get paid and the coaching staff is going different directions. It was a unique year. Doesn't matter the difficulty of the schedule or the luck of our health. It was a good one and will be memorable. I always say if you leave it up to the refs, you get what they give you.....by the book that was a penalty....but was about as soft of a penalty that could of been called. Really wish we could of seen one last drive. 

Yep.  Don't give the refs an opportunity to decide the game.

Seeing stats today, this one is bothering me.

1.  1 incompletion by Mahomes in the second half.

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Mad respect to Bradberry and Sirianni.  Tough call on the hold but total class act to not blame refs… especially when they have every right to question the call.

More on Gannon than anyone else. Not calling for him to be fired, but Gannon struggle at making adjustments on the fly IMO. 

Week to week? Sure. But he seems very hardwired into whatever script his gameplan follows and sometimes doesn't make common sense in game adjustments.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

More on Gannon than anyone else. Not calling for him to be fired, but Gannon struggle at making adjustments on the fly IMO. 

Week to week? Sure. But he seems very hardwired into whatever script his gameplan follows and sometimes doesn't make common sense in game adjustments.

It’s so tough because Gannon works because for the most part the QBs in the league aren’t good. Especially playing in the NFC.

But the lack of specialized game plans with those good QBs and offenses is just hard to understand…let alone defend.

20 minutes ago, downundermike1 said:

Yep.  Don't give the refs an opportunity to decide the game.

Seeing stats today, this one is bothering me.

1.  1 incompletion by Mahomes in the second half.

That's just Gannon 101. If you are a good quarterback, he has the ability to make you look great. He is built as a DC to beat 26 teams down, but when he comes across a top guy....he is exposed. Not saying he is a bad coach, but there is something schematically weak against very accurate QBs with any mobility 

16 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Mad respect to Bradberry and Sirianni.  Tough call on the hold but total class act to not blame refs… especially when they have every right to question the call.

Definitely class acts. I don't think I would of had the maturity with that level of emotions without throwing serious F bombs 

14 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

That's just Gannon 101. If you are a good quarterback, he has the ability to make you look great. He is built as a DC to beat 26 teams down, but when he comes across a top guy....he is exposed. Not saying he is a bad coach, but there is something schematically weak against very accurate QBs with any mobility 

And very slow at adjusting if he adjusts at all.

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

He blows. Go look at his numbers against top QBs. They have a field day.

35 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Best team in franchise’s 50+ years of modern history (1970+). Unlikely any of us live long enough to see a better team. That’s the toughest pill to swallow.

Until they win a Super Bowl and those demons can be put to bed like 2017 did for the ones before that.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Until they win a Super Bowl and those demons can be put to bed like 2017 did for the ones before that.

Nah I wouldn’t even call this a demon or compare it to the pre-2017 pain. Just a tough reality, and 1 I’d bet half of NFL fans can relate to (best team in terms of talent full body of work not getting the job done). Although Siri/Hurts winning a ring together would completely rewrite the narrative of this season and how it’s remembered, for the better. So I guess there’s still a chance….

Speaking of 2017, that does undoubtedly soften the blow. Just remembering that we won a SB just 5 years ago. So many teams in my lifetime have not even reached this stage, let alone won it. 

Gut wrenching loss, but the future is bright.

• Like 1

Intentionally stayed away from anything sports related for 24hrs.

Andy made adjustments for the 2nd 1/2, Gannon did not. Props to the Chiefs because this game was decided not on the DTD or the Punt return which was basicallyanother TO.  Both just sealed the win!

It was decided because the Chiefs won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Especially in the 2nd 1/2!!!

Given the game Hurts had offensively,  scoring 35pts the defense simply didn't step up in the 2nd 1/2 after basically playing as wells you could vs Mahomes (after that 1st drive) in the 1st 1/2.

SUCKS!!  Is what it is. A wasted opportunity where the better team simply could get it done. Ala the 07' Patriots! Kudos to the Chiefs!