Chiefs vs Eagles in Super Bowl LVII

vike daddy

When he steps on the field against the Chiefs, Ndamukong Suh  will be playing in his third Super Bowl, with his third different franchise. Suh played for the Rams in their Super Bowl LIII loss to the Patriots, and for the Buccaneers in their Super Bowl LV win over the Chiefs.

That’s an extremely rare accomplishment in NFL history. Suh will join Rod Woodson (Steelers, Ravens, Raiders), Bill Romanowski (49ers, Broncos, Raiders), Preston Pearson (Colts, Steelers, Cowboys), Harry Swayne (Chargers, Broncos, Ravens) and Joe Jurevicius (Giants, Buccaneers, Seahawks) on the short list of players who have appeared in the Super Bowl for three different franchises.

A handful of other players have been on the roster of three different franchises that made the Super Bowl, but didn’t actually play in Super Bowls with all three teams.

No player has ever played on the winning team in the Super Bowl for three different franchises.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/30/ndamukong-suh-set-to-play-in-a-super-bowl-with-his-third-different-team/

Chiefs coach Andy Reid won the 21st postseason game of his NFL coaching career on Sunday night, taking sole possession of second place in NFL history.

Reid has moved ahead of Tom Landry, who won 20 postseason games with the Cowboys. Reid is now No. 2 in NFL history behind Bill Belichick, who has 31 postseason wins.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/30/andy-reid-earns-21st-postseason-win-moves-ahead-of-tom-landry-for-no-2-in-nfl-history/

I will be rooting for KC. Mahomes is my favorite non-Vikings player to watch in the NFL, and I despise Philly 🤷‍♂️

I think this will be a competitive and entertaining game either way. The best roster in the NFL going against perhaps the goat QB and talent equalizer in the NFL.

• Like 1

I don't like Philly and I live in a KC suburb, but I believe there is little chance the Chiefs win this game.  As magical as Mahomes can be, I just don't think they're playing as well as Philly is.  But, if they do win, Andy Reid should just retire immediately, as he'll have stuck it to the Philly fanbase, and I don't know what else there would be for him to accomplish.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 5

i too fell Philly has the superior team, but i question whether they are "battle tested," which KC certainly is.

Philly had two easy playoff victories, and now has two weeks off. could they come out a bit stale?

how many current PHI and KC players have been to a previous SB? their coaches? could it be a factor?

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i too fell Philly has the superior team, but i question whether they are "battle tested," which KC certainly is.

Philly had two easy playoff victories, and now has two weeks off. could they come out a bit stale?

how many current PHI and KC players have been to a previous SB? their coaches? could it be a factor?

The Eagles only have 4 players left from their 2017 squad ( Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham), so they'll certainly have a bigger adjustment to the hoopla than the Chiefs, who still have quite a few players from their defense that were on the team that lost to the Bucs a couple of years ago (they've actually turned over a lot of their offense). 

What I just looked up also is that maybe this will be the revenge game for Sirianni, who started his NFL coaching career with the Chiefs but was not retained by Andy Reid when Reid took over.  😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

The officiating was so bad yesterday, I might not even watch. Just brutal. It really ruined my enjoyment yesterday. 

I hope both teams lose. I want to like KC, but their offense is filled with whiners. 

I love Mahomes, but Kelce has always kind of annoyed me.  It's probably why I'll always think Tony Gonzalez was a better TE.   

• Like 2

It’s been a long time since a player has won both the regular-season Most Valuable Player award and the Super Bowl in the same season. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes will try to do it this year. Mahomes has not yet been announced as the 2022 regular-season MVP, but it’s safe to say he will be. The same 50-voter Associated Press panel that selects the MVP winner also selects the All-Pro team, and Mahomes got 49 of 50 votes for first-team All-Pro quarterback.

Kurt Warner, who won both league MVP and the Super Bowl after the 1999 season, is the last player to win both in the same year. Nine regular-season MVPs have been to the Super Bowl since then; all have lost.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/30/patrick-mahomes-will-try-to-be-first-regular-season-mvp-to-win-super-bowl-in-23-years/

26 minutes ago, Morlee said:

I just can’t see the Eagles losing the Super Bowl. My Bengals Vs Eagles SB prediction didn’t pan out, but I got it half right.  I see the Eagles winning 35-14. 

I don't think it'll be that bad, but I do believe that the Eagles will win.  

And Steve, yes, I know it is light-hearted, but I think that anyone that used the Cincinnati mayor's comments as motivation (or was offended by them) is kinda ridiculous.  I'm embarrassed for him because he back-tracked from it.  He should have just doubled down.  Everyone knows he wasn't being serious.    

• Like 1