Chiefs vs Eagles in Super Bowl LVII

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't think I'll even watch this year. I just have no desire to see the Eagles win, and I don't really care if KC does. I'd prefer KC win, but the game itself doesn't really hold much appeal for me. 

Has NASA reported any possible meteorites that could be headed towards Glendale on February 12th?

7 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't think I'll even watch this year. I just have no desire to see the Eagles win, and I don't really care if KC does. I'd prefer KC win, but the game itself doesn't really hold much appeal for me. 

lots of games i just watch a ten minute highlight reel, and it's fully enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

lots of games i just watch a ten minute highlight reel, and it's fully enough.

And the Halftime Show holds absolutely zero interest for me. Some years, that's enough to pull me in. Rihanna's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Just terrible. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

And the Halftime Show holds absolutely zero interest for me. Some years, that's enough to pull me in. Rihanna's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Just terrible. 

I'm not a huge fan either, but she's managed to make billions.  That "Umbrella" song has some of the worst lyrics of any song I've ever heard in my lifetime.  

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Damn… it’s not Dylan or Isbell, but you guys don’t like to have fun. Lighten up!

GIF by Giphy QA

Hey now...there is one song I like and generally have on my running playlist, "We Found Love" and my 5-yr old great nephew loves "Disturbia", so I'm not all crotchety like wc, but I just think she's been overrated in the pantheon of music.  But then again, while I like Beyonce a lot more, she's even more overrated.  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Hey now...there is one song I like and generally have on my running playlist, "We Found Love" and my 5-yr old great nephew loves "Disturbia", so I'm not all crotchety like wc, but I just think she's been overrated in the pantheon of music.  But then again, while I like Beyonce a lot more, she's even more overrated.  🤣

Beyonce wasn't even the best vocalist in Destiny's Child.

I said what I said... 😂

• Like 2

I sort of lost interest after Roc Nation and Jay-Z got involved in the halftime show. I honestly don’t care for much of the rap music scene, I don’t care if it’s every few years, but it would be nice to throw some other genres in there…. A little Rock, hell…. Give me a country music just for a change…. 

seems like if they go away from it it’s basically burn your ears pop, or a band that is in there 60’s that just don’t perform as well anymore.

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Beyonce wasn't even the best vocalist in Destiny's Child.

I said what I said... 😂

I actually agree.  But, she clearly is the best performer amongst them.  

Oh, the dead time between the CCs and the Bowl...just wait until June...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I sort of lost interest after Roc Nation and Jay-Z got involved in the halftime show. I honestly don’t care for much of the rap music scene, I don’t care if it’s every few years, but it would be nice to throw some other genres in there…. A little Rock, hell…. Give me a country music just for a change…. 

seems like if they go away from it it’s basically burn your ears pop, or a band that is in there 60’s that just don’t perform as well anymore.

I'd love to see Garth Brooks as a halftime act. But since the Super Bowl is marketed globally, and not just to the United States, I don't see any country artist getting the gig.

I enjoyed the Dre/Snoop/Mary J. Blige halftime show. But it's not what I'd want to see every year. I'd love to see Green Day, the Foo Fighters, Metallica, and Taylor Swift (yes...Taylor Swift). 

I had the pleasure of seeing the Rolling Stones last year. Even at 80, Mick can still put on a heck of a show. 

• Like 1