Chiefs vs Eagles in Super Bowl LVII

vike daddy

Eagles are just so good this year.  I have the Eagles and their offensive line massacring the Chiefs defensive front. Could be a fun and close game but I doubt it. 

I have Philadelphia winning 39-16. Eagles pull away in the later 3rd quarter.  

Really sucks that the Eagles went from one of the teams without a Super Bowl in 2017, to now essentially having 2 championships to their name in the last 5 years. Sigh. 

Let’s hope for a good game. 

• Like 2

this is a tough game for me to call. i definitely favor the Chiefs emotionally, but i do respect the sheer force the Eagles have been playing with this year and how that makes them favorites. still, counting out Reid and the Chiefs can be a costly mistake...

my biggest concern with the Eagles is will they come out stale? two weeks off and two easy playoff opponents. the Chiefs will be hungrier and more battle tested. but will it be enough to make a differnce?

• Like 1

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce credits coach Andy Reid for most of the success he’s had in Kansas City’s offense.

Kelce:  “Why am I always open? I say it all the time: Andy Reid, baby. Big Red. He can dial stuff up at the right time, create some things at the right time, and then on top of that everybody’s doing their jobs. It’s not just a me go out there and get open type play. I’m sure you guys like to think that, but there’s a lot of madness to it, and there’s a lot of guys doing their jobs for the big picture. I’m fortunate that I’m playing here, for sure.”

Kelce was drafted in 2013, Reid’s first season as head coach of the Chiefs, and has only known one head coach. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/09/travis-kelce-why-am-i-always-open-andy-reid-baby/

Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones says he and his teammates are going up against the best offensive line in the NFL at Super Bowl LVII, and he wouldn’t have it any other way. Jones said he always wants to face the most challenging opponent in the biggest games.

Jones:  “Always, man. When you’re going against the best, you always look forward to it. That’s how I think you’d rather have it done, beating the best, going against the best. I know it’s going to be a big challenge. I’m excited about it. I can’t wait for the opportunity. Their chemistry, how they work and mesh so well together, how they’re able to work together. When you play collectively like that, it’s hard for people to get to your quarterback.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/10/chris-jones-excited-about-the-opportunity-to-face-the-best-offensive-line-in-the-nfl/

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and the Bears took Trubinsky with the second pick.....

And the NFL is grateful. 

It’s very unlikely that Mahomes would have reached this level of play without Andy Reid. He likely would have been pushed into starting too early, wouldn’t have had as disciplined of a coach, and certainly wouldn’t have had the weapons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and the Bears took Trubinsky with the second pick.....

Didnt they trade up to 2 to take him?

Also, there's no way Mahomes is Mahomes if he ever suited up for the Bears. He may still be good, but paired with Reid and he is miles ahead of where he'd have been with Nagy.

• Like 1