Chiefs vs Eagles in Super Bowl LVII

vike daddy

Why is it cringy for the media to hype up a player who’s had an unprecedented start to their career? 

Listening to people gush over Mahomes, who’s earned it, is a hell of a lot better than the over exaggeration, projection, and hyperbole that they’d be talking with regarding Hurts had the Eagles won. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Didnt they trade up to 2 to take him?

Also, there's no way Mahomes is Mahomes if he ever suited up for the Bears. He may still be good, but paired with Reid and he is miles ahead of where he'd have been with Nagy.

Ironically, Nagy was Mahomes' first OC.  

Onto the game, it was a pretty good game...now, I wouldn't call it epic, by any means, but it was a very good game between 2 very good teams.  It's just unfortunate that the officials had to inject themselves at the end of the game again by calling holding on a play that wasn't clear holding.  

I had paused the game earlier, so I was a little behind the live play, but I knew the Chiefs had won when I heard the fireworks (or celebratory gunfire) outside my house.  🤣

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I hate to say it, but I was rooting for Philly. I was afraid that if the Chiefs won, people would be crowning Pat the goat already and the way the media would talk about him would be sickening. I was right and its very cringy. 

Living in this area as I do, I'm afraid to let you know that Patrick Mahomes is the most likeable QB in the NFL probably since Favre  (I can't say that about Kelce being that as a TE though).  I don't hear many people crowning him the goat, because that's impossible based on the guy that just retired.  But, he is already the best Chiefs' QB in their history and he is currently the top QB in the NFL.  But, I do agree with the others that he doesn't do this without Andy Reid.  Andy Reid made McNabb into a very good QB, he's made Mahomes into a great one.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I hate to say it, but I was rooting for Philly. I was afraid that if the Chiefs won, people would be crowning Pat the goat already and the way the media would talk about him would be sickening. I was right and its very cringy. 

Who's been better? Mahomes IS the best QB I've ever seen play. The results speak for themselves. If anyone other than Mahomes was playing QB last night, I think it was a blowout for Philly.

Also shame on you for rooting for Philly 😆

• Like 2