Jared Goff, Penei Sewell & Amon-Ra St. Brown named to pro bowl

Louis Friend

I think this deserves its own thread.

Penei Sewell and ARSB replace Lane Johnson and AJ Brown on NFC roster.

Brad Holmes first two pro bowlers drafted in Detroit.

Along with Frank Ragnow, this is the first time since 2015 the Detroit Lions have sent three players to the pro bowl. 

ETA: Jared Goff has now been named to the pro bowl. This is Jared's second team to represent at the pro bowl. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I know the pro bowl is garbage but being selected to an all star team is still an accomplishment.  Glad for them and for Holmes for drafting a couple and having a couple more on the fringe.  I could care less about the actual game but still want our guys recognized there.  

When it gets used to compare players careers, it's a nice accolade to have. 

• Like 2

I was able to watch a little of the festivities on my flight home last night and will say overall it was fun, other than the best catch thing.  That was ridiculous and I am shocked teams would be ok with that given it has more risk for injury than being tackled.  I get they wanted a dunk contest equivalent but man that missed the mark.  It was dumb, but fun and funny with the Manning's and other personalities involved and was better than the old game that had no meaning.