Purdy surgery successful - 6-month recovery

gridirongorilla

Lets hope that he can just get a repair and not a full reconstruction. 

I think a full reconstruction definitely ends this year because I think it's like a bunch of time before he can even really start throwing a football? And then you have to add on time to rebuild strength and all that...Maybe he'd be back for 2024 and then you're hoping that the elbow is still good? He doesn't have a lot of extra physical power to burn lol 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol 

Good news is it wasn't a career ender for Mullens. He seems to have the same tools he did before the injury

Bad news is it still muddies up 2023. Having an entire offseason where you can't throw isn't ideal

This probably solidifies us as a landing spot for Brady for at least 2023

The good news is that Mullens came back in 2021. 

The bad news is that it wasn't pretty. He couldn't hack it as an Eagles back up and looked awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful in camp and preseason for them. I would imagine that was so much worse because he was coming back from the injury.  He latched on with the browns and it wasn't great, couldn't really push the ball and drive it, but at the same time he was never really able to do that anyway lol 

He is still kicking around the league but only got mop up duty this year, so hard to say where he's at, but seems fine. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I love how folks keep thinking we will sign Brady now when in reality we are just going to bring Jimmy back LOL.

Then the team deserves having another season ruined by injury next year, tbh. 

I don't have an issue with that from a talent perspective, but if they do that again with the injury history of both him and the team, they deserve what is inevitably coming. 

Unless you're saying he'd be there as a backup...which I think he's going to have a market as a starter, so I don't see Jimmy doing that. 

• Like 3