Super Bowl LVII - Chiefs vs Eagles

onejayhawk

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Is it worthy to keep someone just because he knows the playbook and has executed it before? Priceless or "Pricey"?

I think a bit of it takes years to know our playbook is way overblown.   Obviously you don’t want a room full of rookies,   But Vets that have been around, it doesn’t take long.    
  What you don’t want is a room full of guys that are both learning the playbook and also getting acclimated to the position in the pros. 

Key to the GAME: KC Chiefs Oline play.

There will be some obvious advantages on the edge against the Chiefs, who've received inconsistent play from offensive tackles Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie. It will be critical for the Eagles to exploit those matchups whenever possible.

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-super-bowl-lvii-six-factors-that-could-determine-nfl-s-biggest-ga

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Key to the GAME: KC Chiefs Oline play.

There will be some obvious advantages on the edge against the Chiefs, who've received inconsistent play from offensive tackles Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie. It will be critical for the Eagles to exploit those matchups whenever possible.

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-super-bowl-lvii-six-factors-that-could-determine-nfl-s-biggest-ga

My fear is that Patty is gonna have to run for his life like against Tampa but with a better line and a focused Andy I'd like the think there's gonna be a lot of "Andy type" schemes to throw off their rush enough to let Pat get that ball away. I just really hope that ankle is better and whatever bare bones WR core we have shows up like last week.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

At this point, no. Don’t mess with the continuity. Niang will be the primary backup OT as he has been since returning. Next year though is a different story. 

Why not?

It's not like we have had success with Wylie and the Eagles DEs are even better.

Niang has shown nothing up to this point.  Why would we change now?    Sure give him a chance next year,   But honestly Wylie hasn’t been abysmal.   Tbh you could say he has been one of the best value contacts on our team.   Not that I want him starting next year though. 

I mean I even like Niang quite a bit, but I’m pretty sure the Eagles could care less if Wylie or Niang is there and would gameplan the same for both. 

Dude has started 9 games in 3 years.  Yes he has potential and I’m sure he will get the chance to lock down a spot next year.  But there’s no reason to disrupt continuity,  Wylie hasn’t been good.. but he also hasn’t been totally bad.   

• Like 1