Super Bowl LVII - Chiefs vs Eagles

onejayhawk

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

What in Andy Reid’s history would lead you to believe that he’d shuffle around the OL on the last game of the season?

You said it yourself--shuffle. Reid is all about getting the opponent off balance.

Niang has always beaten out Wylie when he was healthy. Is he healthy now? 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

You said it yourself--shuffle. Reid is all about getting the opponent off balance.

Niang has always beaten out Wylie when he was healthy. Is he healthy now? 

Niang hasn’t beaten out Wylie in over a year

he shuffles to keep opponents off balance,not his own team. OL requires reps and cohesion, he’s not gonna throw that off for one game even if it’s the SB

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Niang hasn’t beaten out Wylie in over a year

he shuffles to keep opponents off balance,not his own team. OL requires reps and cohesion, he’s not gonna throw that off for one game even if it’s the SB

I don't think you would sacrifice cohesion, especially at RT. Edge rush is one of the Eagle's strengths, so looking for an edge (no pun intended) makes sense.

That said, it's probably not happening because they don't want to risk reinjury. It has been a year and change. Why not wait til minicamp?

3 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't think you would sacrifice cohesion, especially at RT. Edge rush is one of the Eagle's strengths, so looking for an edge (no pun intended) makes sense.

That said, it's probably not happening because they don't want to risk reinjury. It has been a year and change. Why not wait til minicamp?

You definitely sacrifice cohesion throwing somebody else in at RT. Andy does not mess with the balance of his OL, as a former OL coach he would know best afterall

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Saving? Secret Weapon?

No one said that. Potential advantage, sure.

This entire year is only five weeks. I assume you meant season. 

Acting like it would throw off the Eagles because they didn't gameplan for him.. is acting like it's some miracle off the bench.   I can assure you,   the Eagle no not care which one lines up at RT.   And there gameplan would not change between either.

This NFL season.   

Potential advantage,   also very possible he's even worse than Wylie   how many snaps has he even played this year,  in the last two years.   And we want to throw him in against one of the best DL's in the league?   tbh we don't even know what we can in Niang yet,  he's barely played in 3 seasons.  Give him a crack at a job next year.

45 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It’s a shame that Hardman couldn’t do anything in a contract year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Clyde had a surprisingly good game.

The good Lord knows we'll need it. I'm glad CEH is ready. His size will be appreciated.

Edited by mayanfootball