Super Bowl LVII - Chiefs vs Eagles

onejayhawk

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Toney also says he’s playing and those 11 minutes of playing time we get out of him will be electric

I am really surprised how quickly and how well Toney integrated into the offense. 

Who returns punts? Skyy did well against the Bengals. Toney may be electric but it's another chance to get hurt.

I rewatched highlights of our game against the Eagles last year. Hurts had big game, 387, 2 TD, 0 Int. We had three sacks but hurts was constantly sidestepping our . pressure. Hurts was also the leading rusher with 47 yards on 8 attempts, at least three of which were broken pass plays.  Receiving, Levonte Smith had the big day with 122 yards but Hurts completed 11 more for 102 yards to Ertz and Goedert. 

On our side, CEH and Darrel Williams ran for 144 yards and a TD while Hill had a monster 186 yard, 3 TD game. Mahomes had only 278 yards but 5 TD, the three to Hill and one each to Clyde and Fortson. 

The big differences are the Eagles running game behind Sanders and the 2nd WR. Sanders played in 2021 but only 13 yards on 7 carries. Brown has been necessary, since they lost Ertz and Goedert only took up part of the slack. Defensively, their pass rush is much better. For us, the pass rush was a half second late in 2021 and we improved on that this year. Losing Hill hurts but JuJu and MVS make up for a lot. Kelce was quiet in 2021 and that could easily change.

I feel that we can run on the Eagles. They allowed CEH over 7 yds/att last year. While Hill totured them all game long, the running game broke their back. 

The radio topic today is how the Eagles love to get ahead and play downhill. Both their running game and their pass rush thrive on playing with the lead.

Take for example, the Giants. They played the Eagles twice in the regular season and again in the playoffs. All three games they were down two scores early. We have had occasions where we got up early but then folded. Yet, I look at the Eagles methodology and think, We have tools to do that. We did it to the Bengals. 

I am not sure first score matters as much as first two score lead. That said, it's a lot easier to get a two score lead when you score first.

Mornin! Cowboy fan here. I've been reading both Iggles and Chiefs sites for 2 weeks now.

From what I understand here are the main challenges for the Chiefs:

1. Dealing with Phillys pass rush.

2. Stopping Hurts on the RPO.

3. Can Reid break his bad habits with clock management?

4. Mahomes will have to play out of his mind.

5. Philly will shut down Kelce.

With all that said, it appears Philly is willing to gamble it's pass rush against Mahomes abilites in the effort to nuetralize him and his main target in Kelce.

So, I believe if KC wants to get Philly off balance early, they need to RUN THE BALL!

If KC can establish an early running game they can do 3 things:

1. Make Phillys pass rush a non issue (that is their strength.)

2. Control the clock and keep Phillys offense on the sidelines.

3. Let Mahomes pick his spots as to when he will use play action to hit a big play downfield.

If KC comes out passing, they will be playing right into Phillys hands.

It would be ideal if they got the ball early, put together a long drive, pounding the ball, ending in 6.

Then play defense.

Just my opinion.

Nah.   We don’t need to fear what Philly will do.   Putting in a gameplan highly focused on running takes away what we do best.      We would just get in 3 and long early and force Mahomes to make stuff happen.    We don’t run well when it’s a central focus.